Driver170

Shutting down P3D V4.4 causes CTD

After i exit P3D and everything closes down about 5 seconds later i get the P3D has stopped working

Even viewer shows Kernellbase.dll

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Something (an add-on) did not shutdown properly.  I have my shutdown to prompt me.  This gives it more time for things to shutdown properly.  I've never seen the kernelbase.dll show up in a shutdown though.  Still, it is a system .dll so computer is just slow in doing something.

Should i worry jim? Also where is prompt on exit?

Are you getting a "???  is not responding"  screen?  I've had this a few times shutting down the sim (4.3).  Try clicking on "Wait for the program to respond.:" and let it do its thing.

5 hours ago, Driver170 said:

Should i worry jim? Also where is prompt on exit?

In the General settings of the P3D settings.

There really is no one solution to the kernelbase.dll error (see page 35, AVSIM CTD Guide).  The guide shows "solutions" that might have helped others but some have tried all of them and still received the error ("solutions" were found by searching the Internet and all FS websites for possible fixes).  Still, in your case, a program is not shutting down properly and it could be an fs add-on or a Windows program.  I have received this error often over the years but it eventually goes away while I'm diagnosing.  You can run the system file checker to make sure there are to corrupted files (see page 15, AVSIM Guide).  Fortunately it does not appear it is affecting the operation of P3D or any of your add-ons.  Just a nuisance when shutting down.

Best regards,

Jim