Sign in to follow this  
Fleahead

Installation In A2A Products

After installing the RXP GNS-530 into P3Dv4.4, I could see it appear as a GPS option in the A2A C172N and the Comanche 250  Aircraft Configuration program, and I was able to place it in the A2A panels just fine. After purchasing and installing the GTN-750, it does not appear in the Aircraft Configuration program as an option to use in the Reality-XP choices. Only the 530w. I also see the FS1 GTN750 as a choice. Should I see the RXP 750 listed in A2A's Aircraft Configuration?

I tried using the Add-On menu installer, but the only thing I could get to be visible was the Pop Up GTN750. I only bought the RXP 750 to use with RealSimGear's bezel that I just ordered, so I will only be using the popup version, but shouldn't I be able to apply the GTN750 in the VC panel?

Jim in Ohio

i7-7300/GTX1070/Win10

Core i9-10850K Gen10 - RTX3080 - 32G - HP Reverb G2 WMR

As far as I'm aware, the only A2A aircraft that natively supports the RXP version of the GTN 750 is the Bonanza.  Are you able to select the F1 GTN 750 in your A2A C172 and Comanche configurators?  If so, select that one even if you don't own it.  Then, once loaded into the sim, use the RXP GTN menu within the sim's Addons menu to replace the F1 version with the RXP one.  I did that in my A2A C182 and it worked great.  Then again I upgraded from the F1 version to the RXP, so I do own and have installed both of those GTNs.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Clorix said:

I did that in my A2A C182 and it worked great. 

Thank you Clorix. I too am new to the RXP GTN750 but your suggestion encouraged me to choose the A2A C182 Configuration option for GTN750, then edit the panel.cfg file to replace "F1GTN!750" text with "rxpGTN!GTN_750_1" and it all worked. I confess to really not  understanding the rxp installation coding yet but I've now got it working in my A2A C182. Brilliant. Thank you.
(Oh - I should also mention that I've never owned the F1 gauge but your procedure to install still worked.)

• Like 1

Best regards

Rupert

I have it installed now but it will not follow course with auto pilot.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

7 hours ago, warbirds said:

I have it installed now but it will not follow course with auto pilot.

Have you addressed the settings in the Configuration Panel?  Shift + right-mouse-click on the top edge of the gauge's bezel?  There is an array of settings there, and what may be needed in settings varies from aircraft to aircraft (or aircraft designer to aircraft designer).  Not all aircraft designers code to a uniform standard.

If the shift + right-click does not work on the gauge in the virtual cockpit in your aircraft, do the same shift + right-click on the pop-up gauge.  The virtual cockpit bezels provided with some aircraft get in the way.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere