CD4000

Updated version for X-plane v11?

Hi there. Are you able to give us any information on the likelihood of an update for the DC6 for X-plane v11? It still hasn’t been broken by 11.30r1 but there are a few things that need work. It still flies beautifully but a few knobs and buttons don’t work. And it has to be loaded, plugin re-enabled, then moved to another location for the sounds to work. Plus some other minor issues.

Regards, Craig.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm sure you've already seen it, but the latest info is here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/537705-13jun18-xplane-user-updates/

It doesn't look like they have any news to share about it yet. I'm also still on the fence about it, and have been since release. I really like the aircraft, but the nebulous future of the add-on is making me hesitate. 

Edited by finkelstein
formatting

Thanks, I have seen that.

Edited by CD4000
Typo

I have been in flight simulation for around 30 yrs. Lots of purchases throughout the years, sceneries and aircraft. When PMDG developed the DC-6 for Xplane 10, I gave it a try and liked it. It's been 3 yrs and I am still patiently waiting for an update. If it can be updated for Prepar3D, why not Xplane 11? It's very frustrating to wait years for an update! 

Regards, Leon

• Upvote 2

We are all waiting. I’ve used this plane about 5 times and then XP11 came out. I still believe PMDG will update it based on previous comments, but unfortunate XP is not a priority for them, so there is nothing we can do but wait...

13 hours ago, Froglegs05 said:

If it can be updated for Prepar3D

This is misleading.

We released it for Prepar3D. We haven't updated it since that release to keep up with any of the subsequent P3D updates...even the incremental 4.x updates, much less an entire version (as XP10 -> XP11 would be).

Frustrating, sure. I can understand that. Using a misleading argument, though, is a bit irresponsible.