Sign in to follow this  
PilootFrans

FSUIPC Setup with NGX

Hi all,

i heve  astrange problem and do not know how to solve this.. I have saitek yoke and throttle system with P3Dv4, PDMG 737NGX and FSUIPC latest V5. In P3Dv4 i disabled the controllers. Now i want to assign the controls witn FSUIPC. I can assign elevator, ailrons, rudder(all yoke functions) and flaps. Now i can also configure the throttle levers with engine 1 and engine 2. All are working within FSUIPC but when i try to move the levers in PMDG 737 only lever w the reverse is moving. 

I have alse realair beech b60 and here everyting is working perfectly. That is why i conclude it is PMDG. Previous in FSX everything was working fine.

Reinstalled PMDG aircraft and reinstalled FSUIPC did not work. USB port changed but no result.

Has anyone an idea where i can look further for a solution?

Thank you,

Frans

Edited by PilootFrans
Spelling changed

First keep it simple.  You don't need FSUIPC to assign controls.  This can be done directly in P3D.  Rest assured that this product that has tens of thousands of users for almost a decade does not have a bug with control assignments.... primarily because PMDG don't care. This is a simulator platform issue unless you complicate it with FSUIPC.

Dan Downs KCRP

Got it downscc. Now it works, I just cannot get the flaps lever and the speedbrake to work.

Thank you for your reply

7 hours ago, PilootFrans said:

Now it works, I just cannot get the flaps lever and the speedbrake to work.

The speedbrake can be assigned as either an axis or a key command; however, the flaps do not have an axis.  The above has all been related to axis assignments so changing the subject to key commands brings in other issues.  As for the speedbrake, if you have a slider control that you want to assign to the speedbrakes then that is done sames as pitch, roll and throttle axis.

Assigning key commands can be done directly in the P3D Controls UI, simply press or switch the appropriate control to assign to that binding.  For example, one of the default controls assignment for flaps up increment is F7.  You can add a second assignment by flaps up and assign it to your control.  I don't understand where or how you are having a problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

I actually assigned the flaps to an axis in p3d while I was using the yoke and dual throttle. You don’t have any indicator when you are in the right position but it does work.

47 minutes ago, ph-cxz said:

I actually assigned the flaps to an axis in p3d while I was using the yoke and dual throttle. You don’t have any indicator when you are in the right position but it does work.

Interesting.... but that hardly seems like a solution if unable to set flaps 1 or flaps 25.  I have two toggles, one increments up and down and the other is full up or down.  Works great.

Dan Downs KCRP

32 minutes ago, downscc said:

Interesting.... but that hardly seems like a solution if unable to set flaps 1 or flaps 25.  I have two toggles, one increments up and down and the other is full up or down.  Works great.

Been able to set every position. Except flaps 40 but that is rarely used. There are 3d printed parts that can be used to set the flap in the correct positions.

Frans,

whenever you assign controls via FSUIPC do NOT disable controls in P3D. Instead DELETE the ASSIGNMENTS. But don‘t disable controls (this checkmark). That‘s probably the reason why it hadn‘t worked in the beginning.

3 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Frans,

whenever you assign controls via FSUIPC do NOT disable controls in P3D. Instead DELETE the ASSIGNMENTS. But don‘t disable controls (this checkmark). That‘s probably the reason why it hadn‘t worked in the beginning.

I have disabled controls in P3D and my GoFlight flaps control (GF-LGT) works fine with the 737NGX. So does trim and gear up/down.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have disabled controls in P3D and my GoFlight flaps control (GF-LGT) works fine with the 737NGX. So does trim and gear up/down.

elevator, ailerons, rudder too? I THINK this checkmark is about axes. But I have never dived into these things, I just know that disabling it will stop the control axes.

edit: My flight control axes are ALWAYS assigned via FSUIPC and I've just tried it and removed that checkmark.. My axes that are sent to FSUIPC calibration still work. I can't say when this has changed but in the past this checkmark used to disable the axes... It seems 4.4 has done a LOT different from previous versions. 

Edited by Ephedrin

5 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

elevator, ailerons, rudder too? I THINK this checkmark is about axes. But I have never dived into these things, I just know that disabling it will stop the control axes.

Those are all handled by FSUIPC5. Shock horror I hear you say. But they all work fine.

I admit to never having programmed flap controls using a Saitek throttle lever but people have done it using FSUIPC so it is possible.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Those are all handled by FSUIPC5. Shock horror I hear you say. But they all work fine.

I admit to never having programmed flap controls using a Saitek throttle lever but people have done it using FSUIPC so it is possible.

Ray,

I've edited my last posting 😄 

Marc.

I presume you’re referring to the checkbox in P3D where you can disable the controllers. That has always became feature of P3D and FSX before it.

If you’ve now enabled controls in P3D that could well clash with FSUIPC5. Choose one or the other but not both.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather