Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Pimax 5K BE! How good is the display? Unboxing and review!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think the only thing that Pimax has on Samsung is FOV. I am hoping and I believe that Samsung in a year or 2 are going to complete dominate the VR headset market. And I am hoping that the successor to the Odyssey+ will have a much bigger FOV. If not there nest one perhaps the one after that.

When the next gen Xbox and PS5 are introduced in 2020 with Navi GPUs and Ryzen CPUs, VR will finally have two platforms with proper hardware support.

6 hours ago, Avidean said:

I think the only thing that Pimax has on Samsung is FOV. I am hoping and I believe that Samsung in a year or 2 are going to complete dominate the VR headset market. And I am hoping that the successor to the Odyssey+ will have a much bigger FOV. If not there nest one perhaps the one after that.

Yep just FOV and tracking....Oddysey Plus still has an overall better resolution and colors

I see a lot of comments complaining about the tracking on the Samsung Odyssey+

I have found the head tracking to be absolutely spot on and the controllers to be spot on too. If you are standing and your hands are by your sides. The controllers can be out of view but that, I think is a limitation of inside out tracking. Small price to pay for no base stations. Base stations would be a VR deal beaker for me personally.

Edited by Avidean

7 hours ago, Avidean said:

I see a lot of comments complaining about the tracking on the Samsung Odyssey+

I have found the head tracking to be absolutely spot on and the controllers to be spot on too. If you are standing and your hands are by your sides. The controllers can be out of view but that, I think is a limitation of inside out tracking. Small price to pay for no base stations. Base stations would be a VR deal beaker for me personally.

Things to def be better with new windows update