Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

iFly announces free update for the 747...the BCF!

2 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

I'm trying

Ahhh.....so you're sleep-posting then? Hehe.  Been there.  Exhausted myself and I only had a 10 hour day vs your 22?

Looking forward to putting the brush down for a bit after wrapping up the last few we couldn't spit out before release (Love the JAL Silver Bullet...may be my favorite when we're all done, thanks for the Vert Stab and Winglets for her)

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

If my paints help them get a few more customers, then I feel I've done what I've set out to do by introducing another simmer to a great product, given them a nice paint (or 2) to fly, and increased my skill at painting (which I seem to do on every paint, LoL)

Count on at least one more here Steve, and thanks for your efforts and contributions to our community...😎

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Ahhh.....so you're sleep-posting then? Hehe.  Been there.  Exhausted myself and I only had a 10 hour day vs your 22?

Looking forward to putting the brush down for a bit after wrapping up the last few we couldn't spit out before release (Love the JAL Silver Bullet...may be my favorite when we're all done, thanks for the Vert Stab and Winglets for her)

36 hrs as of now. Will be 40 before I get to finally put my head down hopefully for a full night sleep instead of an hour here and there (for a grand total of 4 hours)

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

4 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

36 hrs as of now. Will be 40 before I get to finally put my head down hopefully for a full night sleep instead of an hour here and there (for a grand total of 4 hours)

Better you than me!  (You're slightly younger than me and these old bones could do that in the old days...now I'd be oversleeping for my next mission, LOL)

2 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Count on at least one more here Steve, and thanks for your efforts and contributions to our community...😎

My pleasure SunDevil56.  Congrats if you pulled the trigger and already got her...she's one of my favorite birds in the hangar, and although a bear to paint she is a joy to fly!  (don't ask unless you've painted her, then you know why she's a bear hehe).

Speaking of painting...this girl is coming real soon...may be my favorite of the bunch. Those are Brian's wingletts and tail.  I may switch the tail to white vs gray (she wore both)...you may see why if you follow her progress over in the iFly forum. 😉

2RqnGS.jpg

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Better you than me!  (You're slightly younger than me and these old bones could do that in the old days...now I'd be oversleeping for my next mission, LOL)

My pleasure SunDevil56.  Congrats if you pulled the trigger and already got her...she's one of my favorite birds in the hangar, and although a bear to paint she is a joy to fly!  (don't ask unless you've painted her, then you know why she's a bear hehe).

Speaking of painting...this girl is coming real soon...may be my favorite of the bunch. Those are Brian's wingletts and tail.  I may switch the tail to white vs gray (she wore both)...you may see why if you follow her progress over in the iFly forum. 😉

2RqnGS.jpg

I liked the white buy only saw one example of it.  I'll do it I real quick in the morning

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

What a shame no FS2 crew but will probably buy it anyway at that price point. What are the set up modes for pre flight, is it like PMDG where there is Default, long and short ?

ZORAN

6 hours ago, zmak said:

What a shame no FS2 crew but will probably buy it anyway at that price point. What are the set up modes for pre flight, is it like PMDG where there is Default, long and short ?

Yeah Zoran it would be great to have FS2 integration with her.  As far as setup modes...here are the panel states available for her and the also free -8 version.

GUYNxA.jpg

You can see in the background that I'm experimenting with various shades of metal...the right side would be if she had been in service for a while and lost most of her shine (as all metal birds do)....I'm leaning towards the fresh from C check version...all shiny and ready for Sunday Dinner. 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

13 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Yeah Zoran it would be great to have FS2 integration with her.  As far as setup modes...here are the panel states available for her and the also free -8 version.

GUYNxA.jpg

You can see in the background that I'm experimenting with various shades of metal...the right side would be if she had been in service for a while and lost most of her shine (as all metal birds do)....I'm leaning towards the fresh from C check version...all shiny and ready for Sunday Dinner. 🙂

I like her like me. Old n dirty 😁

Thanks for the info . Im a definite starter , with the oz dollar in the toilet against the green back my  purchases of pmdg  737 js41 and 777 will be my last pmdg purchases for the foreseeable future

Edited by zmak

ZORAN

14 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

Here's a link to the current list of liveries. 

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/ifly-747400cf-liveries-released_topic17287.html

Still planning on adding more.  A link to the Paint Kit and GSX profiles can be found in the iFly forum.  Sorry for the delay in posting the liveries.  The links were available before release but I was traveling all night and I'm just wiped out and not functioning at peak :-). I hope everyone enjoys.  Steve did a bang up job pulling all his old liveries into the new model and creating more to boot.  I tossed a couple in there to make it look like I actually did something. 🙂

Thank you so much, these liveries are awesome! I noticed just one problem with this livery"texture.PAC_DHL_N449PA_BCF_GE". The thumbnail is the one of Western Global!

Best regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

11 minutes ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Thank you so much, these liveries are awesome! I noticed just one problem with this livery"texture.PAC_DHL_N449PA_BCF_GE". The thumbnail is the one of Western Global!

Best regards

Pat

Haha, well I'll get that updated later today. Thanks for pointing that out.  Must have gone crosseyed the other day when I was checking them all.

• Upvote 1

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Thank you iFly for continuing to support and update this bird!!. Much appreciated!!  And also thank you to the painters!! Awesome work!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks guys...

I just wrapped this one up...that makes 19 repaints available for this free upgrade...hehe...sorry couldn't resist with all the hullabaloo on the forum regrading livery availability. 🙄 

R0R5Sc.jpg

Hope those who have this wonderful bird are enjoying her...the painters tried to give you a good variety of liveries from the major cargo airlines that fly her.  I hope more painters jump in and add to the list. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Since I already had JAL done....I just took off the metal layer, adjusted a few things, re-reg'd her...and paint 20 is almost done. 🙂

(This one was an actual BCF, whereas the metal version is fictional since JAL only flew the bare metal on their 747-400Fs....at least from what I could find)

MbVGtQ.jpg

Have to adjust some colors...but iFly 747 pilots get one more paint to fly when I get her done and uploaded.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg