Sign in to follow this  
bjratchf

alarm on A/P disconnect

I'm trying different methods to disconnect the autopilot in cruise in order to do some airwork, and each method (yoke mouse click spot, turning the switch off manually, and my FSUIPC hardware button for "autopilot off")- each time I get an alarm that I cannot seem to silence (normal aircraft behavior would seem to be to click the A/P button once for disconnect, a second time silences the warning)? Maybe I'm missing something going through the manual here...

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

53 minutes ago, bjratchf said:

I'm trying different methods to disconnect the autopilot in cruise in order to do some airwork, and each method (yoke mouse click spot, turning the switch off manually, and my FSUIPC hardware button for "autopilot off")- each time I get an alarm that I cannot seem to silence (normal aircraft behavior would seem to be to click the A/P button once for disconnect, a second time silences the warning)? Maybe I'm missing something going through the manual here...

What a/c?  In the Lear35 there is a 1 or 2 second tone when the AP is turned off, and in the Falcon 50 a voice says Autopilot once.  Could what you are hearing be related to something else once the AP is off?

Al

Edited by ark

The overspeed warning- above M. 76 it will sound during cruise if above 25000ft. Just found it!

30 minutes ago, bjratchf said:

The overspeed warning- above M. 76 it will sound during cruise if above 25000ft. Just found it!

Ah, great, but would still like to know what a/c you are talking about. 🙂

Al

Edited by ark

Sorry- this was the falcon 50... It's an aircraft that even I find little surprises with! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bjratchf said:

A little confused because you can definitely go faster than mach .76 in the falcon 50.

WAT1460.png

52 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

A little confused because you can definitely go faster than mach .76 in the falcon 50.

According to the current coding, the Falcon 50 overspeed warning sounds at above M0.86 if the autopilot is on. If the autopilot is off, the overspeed warning sounds if above M0.74 when above 25000ft.

Al

Edited by ark