Sign in to follow this  
bjratchf

alarm on A/P disconnect

Recommended Posts

I'm trying different methods to disconnect the autopilot in cruise in order to do some airwork, and each method (yoke mouse click spot, turning the switch off manually, and my FSUIPC hardware button for "autopilot off")- each time I get an alarm that I cannot seem to silence (normal aircraft behavior would seem to be to click the A/P button once for disconnect, a second time silences the warning)? Maybe I'm missing something going through the manual here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

53 minutes ago, bjratchf said:

I'm trying different methods to disconnect the autopilot in cruise in order to do some airwork, and each method (yoke mouse click spot, turning the switch off manually, and my FSUIPC hardware button for "autopilot off")- each time I get an alarm that I cannot seem to silence (normal aircraft behavior would seem to be to click the A/P button once for disconnect, a second time silences the warning)? Maybe I'm missing something going through the manual here...

What a/c?  In the Lear35 there is a 1 or 2 second tone when the AP is turned off, and in the Falcon 50 a voice says Autopilot once.  Could what you are hearing be related to something else once the AP is off?

Al

Edited by ark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The overspeed warning- above M. 76 it will sound during cruise if above 25000ft. Just found it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, bjratchf said:

The overspeed warning- above M. 76 it will sound during cruise if above 25000ft. Just found it!

Ah, great, but would still like to know what a/c you are talking about. 🙂

Al

Edited by ark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry- this was the falcon 50... It's an aircraft that even I find little surprises with! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bjratchf said:

The overspeed warning- above M. 76 it will sound during cruise if above 25000ft. Just found it!

A little confused because you can definitely go faster than mach .76 in the falcon 50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

A little confused because you can definitely go faster than mach .76 in the falcon 50.

According to the current coding, the Falcon 50 overspeed warning sounds at above M0.86 if the autopilot is on. If the autopilot is off, the overspeed warning sounds if above M0.74 when above 25000ft.

Al

Edited by ark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this