Novej757

Out of The Ashes: The New Black Phoenix Phenom 100E GTN-750 Mod

Recommended Posts

UPDATE 6/5/2019

So I'm really mad.  I've been trying to bring you all a good video of the mod the last few days and Youtube refuses to work with me.  So instead of keeping you waiting I just went ahead and published this one instead.  There is no captions/text (thanks YouSTUPIDTube) hopefully you guys can still get the gist of what I am trying to show you here......UGH 🤬🤬🤬🤬💥

 

In reality I really just need to learn how to edit movies and upload to Youtube......  Anyways I'll be bringing a how to post for Rolands Weather Radar here in a few days followed by her release!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

UPDATE 6/14/2019 NEW VIDEO POSTED!!!!

PLEASE IGNORE THE VIDEO IN THE LAST POST.  I was not happy with anything in that video.  So I went out and actually purchased a new video editing software and tried again.  I'm very happy with the video posted below.  Before we get to the video I am happy to report this will probably be my last post until release.  I will create a new thread for the release and leave this one to serve as a sort of manual for the new bird.  I learned with the CJ2+ mod most of you don't read comprehensive (and long) instructions so I need to keep the included installation/user instructions for the Phoenix short and simple 🍻.

SO WHAT'S LEFT?

Well honestly the only thing I have left is to create the checklist file needed for the GTNs to display (of course she's going to have a working checklist just like the CJ2+) 😉 The other issue will be with Roland's Weather gauge.  There is a version for ASN users, AS16 users and ASP4 users.  I only have ASN.  So I will have to create separate instructions for the other two....NO I haven't done that yet.  Lastly, I have to create the installation instruction and package her all up (which the last part has already been made easy as I  mentioned earlier in this post

WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG?

Honestly, life.  I have a life away from this simulation world.  As many of you know I am an Mechanical Engineering student.  Well I am so close to graduating I decided to take a six sigma online course this summer.  But you don't care about that.  Simply put, I haven't really had time to work on her.  ).

WE UNDERSTAND....BUUUUUUT WHEN WILL SHE BE AVAILABLE?

Honestly, I think I can say she will be released within the next 2 weeks.  I will be going on vacation first week in July. I plan for you all to have her before then.

CAN WE REQUEST A COPY NOW?

YES I originally said I preferred you wait until she was released, but I think it may be beneficial if those who want it first go ahead and put their request in NOW LOL! 

***IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COPY OF THE BLACK PHOENIX MOD SEND ME A PM HERE WITH AN EMAIL THAT YOU ARE OK FOR ME TO SEND THE LINK TO....***

I would like to remind everyone who has already sent a request, please send another as I deleted all of them on accident when I went to empty my totally full AVSIM PM inbox.

 

TO THE VIDEO:

In typical me fashion, this is long (58 mins).  It's worth it (I think) I wanted to capture a video of all of the functions that you've read about in this thread, only visually!

In it you will see:

  • Ground Power Mode operation
  • Weather Radar operation (with real world weather)
  • New Lighting 
  • New ground steering capabilities
  • MCT Enhance operation
  • The Phoenix Climb/Cruise capabilities 
  • Spoiler operation

and more......

Also in typical me fashion because I hate how I sound recorded there is no narrating just captions (sorry for my non-readers) LOL!  I have never used movie editing software so this is my first time I am happy with how it came out but I am open to any improvements, comments, suggestions (be nice) that I could use to make future mod videos even better.....

Hope you like it....

 

If you've read all the way to this point and can read this (thank you!)....I am proud to announce I have also started on the Black Phoenix Phenom 300 mod......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've got mail..... and a LOT MORE to come !! Great job Jevon :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Novej757 great vid! One immediate question. How do you access the GTN com & xpdr settings? It appears they are hidden. 

Bruce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bbuckley said:

@Novej757 great vid! One immediate question. How do you access the GTN com & xpdr settings? It appears they are hidden. 

Bruce

Great Question Bruce,

The radios and transponder are still tied to the G1000 (as they originally are in the base Phenom 100).  They are both accessed via the PFD.  The nav radios are in the upper left corner and the comm radios are in the upper right corner of the PFD.  The transponder settings, along with wind display options, Altimeter options and even your v speed input table are all located on the menu across the bottom of the PFD (Don't thank me these are all Carenado's work LOL.) 

However, I forgot to add there is a clickspot above GTN unit #1 (left side) on the MFD Bezel above it for the GTN popup. 😉 Also while we're talking about things I forgot to mention, the button with the D and arrow going through it  on the right side lower portion of the MFD will open the "Direct To" menu on GTN unit #1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Novej757 said:

Great Question Bruce,

The radios and transponder are still tied to the G1000 (as they originally are in the base Phenom 100).  They are both accessed via the PFD. 

In my current PXPDR henom 100 I have a GTN 750 integrated into the MFD. I wrote some LUA scripts to synch the GTN XPDR codes and modes with the display on the PFD and even to send the Modes and IDENT to an OFFSET for use by online ATC clients. I find that in flight, online with ATC (I use PilotEdge) it is a LOT easier to set and change freqs using the GTN than the PFD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bbuckley said:

In my current PXPDR henom 100 I have a GTN 750 integrated into the MFD. I wrote some LUA scripts to synch the GTN XPDR codes and modes with the display on the PFD and even to send the Modes and IDENT to an OFFSET for use by online ATC clients. I find that in flight, online with ATC (I use PilotEdge) it is a LOT easier to set and change freqs using the GTN than the PFD.

Wow very cool!  Well like i said there is a clickspot for the gtn 2d pop up if you want to add your script.  Just like the CJ2+ mod and its FMS, I personally wanted to keep some of the G1000 functionality.  Not to mention the comm/nav menus are kind of hard to see with the dual gtns on one MFD....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you need a beta tester before you release that bad boy !  (left hand raised high ) 🖐️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vcarlo said:

I think you need a beta tester before you release that bad boy !  (left hand raised high ) 🖐️

You may be right 😉.  If i do they will be for users with AS16 or ASP4 to make sure the radar works with them.  We'll see...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P3D v4.5 running Environment Force and ASP4 here :smile:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question.... if I purchase the Carenado Synthetic Vision add on (which is compatible with the original Phenom 100), do you foresee any issues with the Phoenix 100 ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Question.... if I purchase the Carenado Synthetic Vision add on (which is compatible with the original Phenom 100), do you foresee any issues with the Phoenix 100 ? 

Short answer is yes.  But.....  i did think about that, so the included pfd is the new synth vision ready version.  The problem is i don't know if the synth vision is tied into the original MFD or anything else.  I don't have the synth vision so maybe you can test it out when you get her.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Novej757 said:

Short answer is yes.  But.....  i did think about that, so the included pfd is the new synth vision ready version.  The problem is i don't know if the synth vision is tied into the original MFD or anything else.  I don't have the synth vision so maybe you can test it out when you get her.....

OK, will do...... (when you send her) :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should not have any problems using the SVS with a modified MFD as it is only coded in the PFD's. The MDF does not contain any of its coding. The only file with SVS code is the PFD common update for initialization on startup. Hope this helps.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE 6/26/19

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update.  I'm working on the Installation instructions and final packaging.  You all will have her by this weekend.  I did want to let everyone know I have not included a checklist on the GTN like I originally planned.  I will provide an update after the initial release for those who want it.  I don't really like the included checklist Carenado gave us with the Phenom 100, It will need some changes for the Phoenix that might lengthen the time to release.  So I decided not to include it....... FOR NOW 😉 !  Sorry for those who wanted this initially.

Lastly, (if you haven't already and you want a copy of the Phoenix) please send me a PM with an email link you are ok for me to send the link to when she is available.......

 

stay tuned........(she's almost ready)......

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will make an official post tomorrow or should I say later today (its 0219 😭)......  Anyways

The Phoenix Phenom 100E mod is now released! 

Goodnight 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A triumph Jevon!!! Simply a triumph...

Installation went without a hitch, swapped in the RXP GTN's and with a very limited flight all seems to be as advertised.

Many thanks for putting this together. Its quite "Phenomenal".

I'll be back if anything comes up with more robust testing.

Skyscraper

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, skyscraper said:

A triumph Jevon!!! Simply a triumph...

Installation went without a hitch, swapped in the RXP GTN's and with a very limited flight all seems to be as advertised.

Many thanks for putting this together. Its quite "Phenomenal".

I'll be back if anything comes up with more robust testing.

Skyscraper

I see what you did there 👀.....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, my friend, I knew you would release her while I was traveling for the first time in 4 months :rolleyes: I have received the release and will be pulling her out of the hangar this morning,.  Thank you Jevon for all the time and effort you have spent on the Phoenix.  Feedback to follow soon !! 

 

Vince 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I'll love it, but I must be doing something wrong... 2 problems:

1. on initialization the PFD screen is the modified PFD with the engine instruments but it quickly changes to the "normal" PFD screen and I can't figure out why.

2. I carefully followed the instructions but I can't get the wx radar to display. I installed VC++ 2015.

I'm using the RXP GTN750s and that seems to work just fine. The only changes I made to the panel.cfg were the GTN gauge names etc for the F1 to the RXP GTNs.

Bruce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bbuckley said:

I know I'll love it, but I must be doing something wrong... 2 problems:

1. on initialization the PFD screen is the modified PFD with the engine instruments but it quickly changes to the "normal" PFD screen and I can't figure out why.

2. I carefully followed the instructions but I can't get the wx radar to display. I installed VC++ 2015.

I'm using the RXP GTN750s and that seems to work just fine. The only changes I made to the panel.cfg were the GTN gauge names etc for the F1 to the RXP GTNs.

Bruce

Hey Bruce,

 

I'm sorry you are having some issues with her lets see if we can figure out what's going on.

First, with the weather radar which version are you using ASN or AS16/P4?  Also have you watched the long video I posted above?  It shows how to operate the radar if everything is installed correctly.  Silly question but do you have Active Sky open when trying to use it?

Second,  what do you mean the PFD changes to the "normal" one?  Does the engine gauges disappear?  

Sorry for so many questions, I haven't seen this issue yet just want to get as much info as I can.....  Oh are you using FSX or P3D?  LOL

4 hours ago, vcarlo said:

OK, my friend, I knew you would release her while I was traveling for the first time in 4 months :rolleyes: I have received the release and will be pulling her out of the hangar this morning,.  Thank you Jevon for all the time and effort you have spent on the Phoenix.  Feedback to follow soon !! 

 

Vince 

Hey Vince,

Why do you think it really took so long for release?  I was waiting on you to go somewhere 🤣

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Novej757 said:

Hey Bruce,

 

I'm sorry you are having some issues with her lets see if we can figure out what's going on.

I figured it out... it was pilot error... that's all. 🙂 A quick test flight and approach and I love it! Very nice job!

Bruce

Edited by bbuckley
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bbuckley said:

I figured it out... it was pilot error... that's all. 🙂 A quick test flight and approach and I love it! Very nice job!

Bruce

GREAT NEWS!!! Happy Flying!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

UPDATE 7/2/2019

So far it seems like we've had a successful release (knock on wood), If anything comes up please put it here in this thread.

I also just want to let you know I'm going on vacation tomorrow with the family for a week (celebrating 8 years of happy marriage July 4th)  I will be checking this thread as much as I can but there may be a delay on getting the mod out while I'm gone.  Still, if you are interested in receiving her please send me a PM here with an email to send the link to.   I want to wish everyone (in the  US) a happy and safe 4th of July and for those who have already received her, I look forward to reading your feedback 😄  

J

Edited by Novej757

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now