Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

Out of The Ashes: The New Black Phoenix Phenom 100E GTN-750 Mod

8 hours ago, Novej757 said:

So I'm curious to know, what do you guys think of the flight dynamic changes?

LOVE IT!  The engine power is awesome and nicely implemented. The spoilers are a major major improvement over the base Phenom 100. The base Phenom 100 is a tough airplane to get slowed down if you get a little behind it in the descent. The 100E with the extra power and speed would be even harder without the spoilers. Ground handling and braking are great. I think you made some changes there too right?

• Like 1

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

I can second Bruce's comments.  The dynamics are working great for me.,  I also love the spoilers. Just logged off VATSIM on a flight and was coming in too fast for my approach set up.  ATC ordered me to slow to 180 kts and I was doing 230.  Hit the spoilers and within 30 seconds was at 180 😀... impressive !  Braking is great,  I was not real happy with her abilities to go from zero to 15-20 kts (was acting more like props than twin jet engines.  I installed RB''s ground handling taxi gauge and she responds to that much better than my throttle inputs.  Enjoy the Phoenix immensely !!

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

2 hours ago, bbuckley said:

LOVE IT!  The engine power is awesome and nicely implemented. The spoilers are a major major improvement over the base Phenom 100. The base Phenom 100 is a tough airplane to get slowed down if you get a little behind it in the descent. The 100E with the extra power and speed would be even harder without the spoilers. Ground handling and braking are great. I think you made some changes there too right?

Indeed.  Ground steering and braking improvement is what I focused on.  The regular Phenom can get quite squarely on the ground.......Thank you and @vcarlo for such great feedback and being such awsome supporters!!!!

Jevon 

Update 7/15/19

Well I'd say it's been a successful release of the mod overall.  It seems you guys are happy with it so that's good. For those of you who have already received it , be looking out for a new update coming here soon.  The update will add altitude call outs for the GPWS from 2500ft down to 0 (10ft is the last callout)

If you would like a copy of the Phoenix Phenom 100E GTN 750 mod please send a PM with an email I can send the link to

Jevon

• Like 1

Jevon 

Thanks for the great work.

I had to reinstall GTN from scratch due to the issue that AP did not follow the GPS mode (fpln from GTN).

Now it works like a charm. Cruising at FL 450 after 20 minutes from takeoff.. 😄 

• Like 1

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

11 hours ago, Vali said:

Thanks for the great work.

I had to reinstall GTN from scratch due to the issue that AP did not follow the GPS mode (fpln from GTN).

Now it works like a charm. Cruising at FL 450 after 20 minutes from takeoff.. 😄 

Wow FL450! I only tested her to 430.  What's your pitch attitude and cruise speed up there if you don't mind me asking?

Jevon 

I tried all the way to 190kts (so below the usual 210kts) but it decreased to around 170 kts (M0.60~M0.64 if I remember).

On the last 1000 feet the vertical speed was around 330-350 kts, as I saw.

https://i.imgur.com/FTKYWMi.jpg

FTKYWMi.jpg

• Like 1

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

On 7/21/2019 at 3:38 AM, Vali said:

I tried all the way to 190kts (so below the usual 210kts) but it decreased to around 170 kts (M0.60~M0.64 if I remember).

On the last 1000 feet the vertical speed was around 330-350 kts, as I saw.

https://i.imgur.com/FTKYWMi.jpg

FTKYWMi.jpg

That's amazing you are def pushing her limits LOL.  Good to know there's a little wiggle room if the pilot is ever in a situation where they need to go even higher than the maximum "certified" FL430 LOL!  The cabin pressure differential is set to 9.5 so yeah I definitely wouldn't go any higher than this LOL

Jevon 

1 hour ago, Novej757 said:

That's amazing you are def pushing her limits LOL.  Good to know there's a little wiggle room if the pilot is ever in a situation where they need to go even higher than the maximum "certified" FL430 LOL!  The cabin pressure differential is set to 9.5 so yeah I definitely wouldn't go any higher than this LOL

Is the 100E or 100EV FL430 certified? I thought is FL410. The 300E is for FL 450 as I know.

Yes, I won't do that on regular basis 🙂

The Praetor 500 and 600  have the FL 450 but the Gulfstream G650 with FL 510 is probably the top around.

Valentin Rusu

21 minutes ago, Vali said:

Is the 100E or 100EV FL430 certified? I thought is FL410. The 300E is for FL 450 as I know.

Yes, I won't do that on regular basis 🙂

The Praetor 500 and 600  have the FL 450 but the Gulfstream G650 with FL 510 is probably the top around.

Nope you are right all the Phenom 100s are all FL410 certified....but they also don't have a 6300ft cabin altitude that high up like the Phoenix 😁👀.  

Jevon 

I have a problem where the PFD initially shows the engine gauges, then reverts to one that does not.  A previous poster said he had the same issue, but then said it was pilot error and it was working again.  

This pilot can't figure out what the error is, any help would be appreciated.

This an outstanding mod, great work!!

Dave Symanow

8 hours ago, silentsage said:

A previous poster said he had the same issue, but then said it was pilot error and it was working again.  

That would be me... 😁 After the PFD reverts to one without, just press (left click) the little red button to the left of the PFD at the bottom of the com panel, marked "DISPLAY BACKUP", and the engine data reappears.

Bruce

• Like 1

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Just installed and flew from KPTK to KPBI. Loved the altitude and range! Can't get radar working. I installed Rolands gauge. Does it work in P3Dv4? Also spoiler doesn't seem to want to work. Thanks for this!

On 9/30/2019 at 4:28 PM, tommygavin2 said:

Just installed and flew from KPTK to KPBI. Loved the altitude and range! Can't get radar working. I installed Rolands gauge. Does it work in P3Dv4? Also spoiler doesn't seem to want to work. Thanks for this!

Hey Tommy thanks for the feedback.  Do you have ASP4 from HIfi for your weather generation.  If so in the instructions there's a separate section detailing which Roland gauge to get for it and AS16.  I don't think ASN works in P3Dv4 (I don't have P3D to verify that though). 

As far as the spoilers, A I have no idea with stupid photo bucket is doing here.....How are you trying to activate them  There is a switch on the panel that should activate it (as should your key command)......?? SN there is no autospoiler....

Jevon