Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

ManfredJahn's C47 and ASN

Hi, I'm having a real problem with Jahns lovely c-47, the orginal version not the updated version. When I run ASN the plane continually tilts and rocks from side to side. Switch ASN off and it goes away. I dont get this with any other aircraft - most peculiar. I have disabled Accufeel for the C47 to eliminate that as a source of the trouble. I replaced the air file with the original FSX dc3m but it seems the files are actually idential, so no fix there. Any ideas? 

So....what kind of weather is ASN injecting into the Sim?  Heavy cross-winds?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Well, it seems to be any general weather at all. I can do a test later to see if there is any particular wind type that is causing it. Even on autopilot, the ship rocks like heck. 

Ah, I run ASN with Turbulence set to 100%, the C47 does not like it! Sliding down to 30 or 20% is much better. If I have to do that just for this aircraft, that is no problem. I'm considering some epic cross-continent flight using only map-reading, dead reckoning and radio beacons (NDBs) - old style! 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Mithras said:

Ah, I run ASN with Turbulence set to 100%, the C47 does not like it! Sliding down to 30 or 20% is much better. If I have to do that just for this aircraft, that is no problem. I'm considering some epic cross-continent flight using only map-reading, dead reckoning and radio beacons (NDBs) - old style! 

On a side note isn't that one more fun aircraft. Unbelievable that it's a free ware. I notice myself smiling every time I fly it.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

1 hour ago, Mithras said:

I use AS2016 and although my turbulence sliders were not set as high as 100%, I also had to reduce them for the C47, but I didn’t mind doing that as this aircraft, as Vic suggests, is one of the most pleasant aircraft to fly and just the most amazing piece of freeware.

It is a great aircraft for some low level seat of the pants navigation using just a map and dead reckoning and if you have an iPad there is a nice little app out there called Flight Computer Sim which is basically like an E6B slide rule and very useful for making wind corrections when dead reckoning. Nothing quite like a bit of old style navigation and no better aircraft to do it in!

Bill

• Like 1

Sorry, I did mean AS2016. That is what I have.