Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Cockpit Chronicles: MD-80 CR Smith Museum Exhibit

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Holycow I need to go asap.

Edited by Silverbird
more info

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)

A little far away for me. But I would be there today if I could.....superb!

Not being allowed to sit in cockpits in museums is soOoo annoying.  

 

Edited by edetroit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I remember that I used to go to the C.R.Smith Museum every time I could, after classes at the AA Learning Centre.  The addition of the MD-80 Cockpit is another reason to go back and visit after many years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, edetroit said:

A little far away for me. But I would be there today if I could.....superb!

Not being allowed to sit in cockpits in museums is soOoo annoying.  

 

Totally agree doesn't make sense there strong well built people want to sit and feel the cockpit so glade they added this perfect.

 

10 hours ago, Tomcatsclaw said:

I remember that I used to go to the C.R.Smith Museum every time I could, after classes at the AA Learning Centre.  The addition of the MD-80 Cockpit is another reason to go back and visit after many years.

Its such a great addition hope to go one day. 

Share this post


Link to post

stopped by the cr smith museum this morning after picking up the car from the dealer nearby, the md80 exhibit is really cool.  liked the dc3 and the cf6 engine there, too.  

sitting in the pilot's seat, the view is exactly like what i see on the maddog md80 vc (in vr) with eye aligned with the white alignment dot, 

eyepoint = 60.810,-1.670,3.264

highly recommended visiting the museum for those who love the maddog. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

stopped by the cr smith museum this morning after picking up the car from the dealer nearby, the md80 exhibit is really cool.  liked the dc3 and the cf6 engine there, too.  

sitting in the pilot's seat, the view is exactly like what i see on the maddog md80 vc (in vr) with eye aligned with the white alignment dot, 

eyepoint = 60.810,-1.670,3.264

highly recommended visiting the museum for those who love the maddog. 

 

That's awesome thanks!  worked on the md-80 as a ramp agent so many years ago but was to busy to ever get inside the cockpit lol on my break used to stair at it and even walk around it and see all the beautiful details love that bird.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this