Bobsk8

One more perfect flight

I started flight simming in the late 80's and with the exception of a 5 year absence, have been at it ever since. Went though all the countless issues and crashes with each generation and finally FSX got me to quit for awhile. When P3D came out, I thought I would give it a try, and despite having a relatively inexpensive desktop with an i5 3.1 , P3D version 2 ran fairly well. I did long flights years ago, but don't have the patience for that anymore so 99% of my flights are around 1 1/2 hours. I fly for a VA, which pretty much lets me fly anywhere I want, so I am usually picking different airports in the US, Canada, and Europe. 

Add ons I have on my 6 year old desktop, that I run on every flight along with my P3D 3.4, are"

AS16, PF3 ATC, EZdok, GSX, Alls the Orbx GTX in the US and Europe, UTX, FS2 Crew, the NGX and Q400, all the P3D A2A aircraft, etc. 

Avliasoft EFB, Acars for my VA ( Smart Cars). Rex 4 texture direct, and soft clouds

Got some others that I can't even remember now. 

Anyway, the point of my post, is that I can fly pretty much everyday, almost always on the NGX and Q400, Pre-flight, takeoff, fly a few hundred miles, and land without one issue. No crashes, no lockups, no stutters, decent amount of AI traffic, always use real weather, and no ooms. In my wildest dreams when I started simming, I would have never thought that this would be possible. I am a senior citizen, on a strict budget, so dropping a couple of thousands dollars for a new PC, to fly the latest version of P3D, is not something that I feel is necessary. I think version 3.4,   is working great, and is beyond stable, and I thank  LM for making a product that for me, is working flawlessly. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Bob, couldn't agree more...I actually started way back with the original on a floppy - just little white dots on a mono-screen.  We've come a long way!

19 minutes ago, pads103 said:

Hi Bob, couldn't agree more...I actually started way back with the original on a floppy - just little white dots on a mono-screen.  We've come a long way!

I started on a Timex-Sinclair 1000 back in 82 or so... It was so thrilling when the runway (a squiggly line) came into view! Ahhh, the good old days...

Russ