Sign in to follow this  
flight098

FSX airspeed drops

Hello!

My problem is, that after takeoff and after aprox. 15minutes flight the airspeed drops to 0kn.

The plane comes into stall and then crashes down.

This problem occurs with any plane 

I did not make any changes recently in fsx.

Has anyone a hint for me?

Thanks!

Thorsten

I noticed you did not mention that you had the Pitiot Tube heat on.  That is 100% necessary at the colder altitudes.

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Sorry, which aircraft are you talking about?

Also, would you please confirm the version of FSX you are using?  Standard, Deluxe, Acceleration, or FSX Steam (FSX:SE)?

Finally, which version of Windows, and do you keep it updated?

Many thanks in advance.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Stupid question I know but do you definitely have fuel? Zero fuel will cause that to happen!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

6 hours ago, flight098 said:

Hello!

My problem is, that after takeoff and after aprox. 15minutes flight the airspeed drops to 0kn.

The plane comes into stall and then crashes down.

Like Charlie said, when you lose airspeed readings it’s usually due to an iced up pitot tube. Turn the pitot heat on and it should resolve your issue

Someone else mentioned running out of fuel, but if that were the case, your engine would also stop but you’d still have airspeed readings.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for your fast replies.

I use fsx acceeration with windows 10, nvidia 1050 4GB graficcard.

Of course I habe enough gas in the tanks.

The problem occurs also in non icy conditions!

E.g. with my carenado mooney m20 at 1500ft, clear weather occurs the problem....

Can you confirm that the pitot tube heat is on?  And next, has the prop RPM been lowered, if needed?

There is, also, a Carenado support forum on this site.  https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/817-carenado-general-forum/

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

So, there is a problem that a few people have had with multiple payware aircraft under Windows 10. This probkem has veen resolved by reinstalling Windows 10. I'm not saying this is the same issue you are having, just sharing the info, which is why I asked those questions, but thus far what you ste reporting seems to fit.

Before you consider this being a Windows issue, I'm leaning towards this being the long known Carenado DRM issue. You can find more info about this on their website (i don't own their product, so i am unable to provide a link.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Too much fuel can cause that too!

If your payload weight, including fuel,  is over the maximum and you're climbing with the autopilot on, the autopilot will likely keep trying to climb and your speed will progressively drop until you stall.

I think RayHff hit on something that is often overlooked.  Aircraft gross weight and your rate of climb will definitely impact your airspeed.  Too steep of a climb, airspeed will fall until you fall out of the sky.  The heavier the payload, the faster this will happen.  So, what is your rate of climb after takeoff and during the climb out phase?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I used to fly without a basic checklist. I would have issues like this, or other problems. I now have a custom checklist for each aircraft I fly. I mainly fly the Carenado PS62 or C182. I've taken the Carenado checklist for the real aircraft and modified it because I'm using a flight sim, thus everything won't be exactly the same. Regardless, I follow the checklist, even if it's a quick flight, this way I don't miss things like overweight and pitot tube (let alone flaps pos 1 at takeoff LOL).

As for myself, the closer I get to flying as close to real life, the more I enjoy it. I have a takeoff checklist that starts from Cold Start. It's broken down with headings for each step of the way. Headings include things like FSX Plane Load (breaks, parking break, pause, setup windows as needed, etc), Before Start Engine, Engine Start, Post Engine Start, Before ATC Taxi, Call ATC, Pre-Takeoff, Takeoff, En Route Climb, Post Takeoff and finally Cruise.

It took a little time one day, but well worth it because even if I just want to jump in on the active runway ready to take off, I can jump down to that point in the checklist and proceed without looking through all the steps. I did the same thing for landing.

I have an iPhone/iPad. I simply created the list in Notes so I can have it open right next to me as I fly (you could do this with other devices). This also allows me to pull up airnav.com, flightaware.com or skyvector on my moble devices for airport information, specially at places I've never been to, while I'm flying without having to alt-tab out.