Sign in to follow this  
Starlifter60

ATC Id

I just purchased and installed the Falcon 50 (P3Dv4.4) and it works perfectly except that ATC only IDs the aircraft as "0". Checking the aircraft file, I found what should be the proper entry:

[General]
atc_type=Falcon
atc_model=Falcon 50

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Brian

Edited by Starlifter60

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

Try:

{GENERAL]

atc_type=Dassault

atc_model=DF3

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi,

There's a list of recognized types/models available at https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?298488-Recognized-ATC-Airlines-Types-and-Models. It's based on the FS2004 SDK, but I used it in FSX without issues (P3D reuses the FSX voicepack without any changes).

You could experiment with something like this:

atc_type=DASSAULT

atc_model=FA50

and see how it works.

HTH,

Tym

My workaround is to place my reg # into the "Flight Number" spot, and then I select "Falcon" from the Airlines drop box. There is an airline with Falcon as it's callsign, so this workaround fixed me up quickly.

58 minutes ago, rightseat said:

My workaround is to place my reg # into the "Flight Number" spot, and then I select "Falcon" from the Airlines drop box. There is an airline with Falcon as it's callsign, so this workaround fixed me up quickly.

Unfortunately, this will not help with how ATC refers to you to other aircraft.  Like when ATC tells another aircraft to watch out for you.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

So making the entry: 

atc_type=Dassault
atc_model=Falcon 50

Made ATC call my tail number.
Installing the latest Editvoice pack made ATC say Dassault

Brian MacMillan

It'll work, but I've never heard a real life ATC use the type "Dassault". 🙂

19 hours ago, rightseat said:

It'll work, but I've never heard a real life ATC use the type "Dassault". 🙂

Yeah, it does sound pretty cheesy. I ended up doing a reinstall for other reasons and, with editvoicepack installed and selecting aircraft N52WB, I make the tail number 52WB in the drop down menu. ATC now addresses me as Falcon Five Two Whiskey Bravo. Sounds much better

Brian MacMillan

51 minutes ago, Starlifter60 said:

Yeah, it does sound pretty cheesy. I ended up doing a reinstall for other reasons and, with editvoicepack installed and selecting aircraft N52WB, I make the tail number 52WB in the drop down menu. ATC now addresses me as Falcon Five Two Whiskey Bravo. Sounds much better

Now that's a smart idea. Do you have to have the paid-for version of EVP to do that? I want to make a "Jetprop" callsign/type for one of my other planes.

30 minutes ago, rightseat said:

Now that's a smart idea. Do you have to have the paid-for version of EVP to do that? I want to make a "Jetprop" callsign/type for one of my other planes.

I'm using it in demo mode for the time being. The first time you use ATC, a very nice British lady reminds you to purchase a license. I suppose at some point, the very nice British lady will melt my hard drive like ice cream in a microwave if I don't pony up 🙂  

Edited by Starlifter60
  • Upvote 1

Brian MacMillan