Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
LecLightning56

P3d 4.5 loading issues

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

I use Kaspersky Internet Security. I have tried the registry fix and also turning off the anti-virus with the same result, i.e. no startup screen.

 

10 minutes ago, BusheFlyer said:

Sure, I tried this.. no change sadly.

Also on this PC I simply use Windows Defender. 

Right,

The problem seems to be related to some library objects, can you guys ensure no 3rd party add-on's are at play here? we need to do the following to be 100% sure.

  1. Rename the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder from your documents, to Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.old
  2. Make a backup of the scenary.cfg file and delete it.
  3.  Launch P3D.

Regards,
Simbol

 

 

Edited by simbol

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, simbol said:

 

Right,

The problem seems to be related to some library objects, can you guys ensure no 3rd party add-on's are at play here? we need to do the following to be 100% sure.

  1. Rename the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder from your documents, to Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.old
  2. Make a backup of the scenary.cfg file and delete it.
  3.  Launch P3D.

Regards,
Simbol

 

 

Still the same sad story at my end!

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, simbol said:

 

Right,

The problem seems to be related to some library objects, can you guys ensure no 3rd party add-on's are at play here? we need to do the following to be 100% sure.

  1. Rename the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder from your documents, to Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.old
  2. Make a backup of the scenary.cfg file and delete it.
  3.  Launch P3D.

Regards,
Simbol

 

 

Tried these steps and no joy.

The loading screen opens.. it shows the usual progress bar at creating scenery then when the Scenario screen should show it disappears to a background process (no UI) and thats that.. only option is to kill the process.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, BusheFlyer said:

Tried these steps and no joy.

The loading screen opens.. it shows the usual progress bar at creating scenery then when the Scenario screen should show it disappears to a background process (no UI) and thats that.. only option is to kill the process.

The theory is this process is just taking long time due to some libraries.. after 25 minutes it will finish.

However on a vanilla install this should not be happening, so something is weird in both of your systems.

S.

Share this post


Link to post

Weird new problem...did a complete delete as suggested by Aerosoft but now getting a Code 9101 code when activating 4.5.

Note, completely uninstalled all related software like aircraft, airports, etc (support programs too).

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, simbol said:

The theory is this process is just taking long time due to some libraries.. after 25 minutes it will finish.

However on a vanilla install this should not be happening, so something is weird in both of your systems.

S.

I am currently sitting with the process running in the background 10.4% CPU / 594MB Ram / 10% GPU. It's been running now about 20 minutes, will let you know if it ever completes.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, BusheFlyer said:

I am currently sitting with the process running in the background 10.4% CPU / 594MB Ram / 10% GPU. It's been running now about 20 minutes, will let you know if it ever completes.

Can you confirm your Nvidia drivers? post the version here please.

Regards,
Simbol

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, simbol said:

Right how you installed these drivers? via Nvidia GeForce Experience?

S.

Yes through experience. I think I updated to them just a few days ago. They were working just fine with P3D 4.4 prior to updating to 4.5.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, BusheFlyer said:

Yes through experience. I think I updated to them just a few days ago. They were working just fine with P3D 4.4 prior to updating to 4.5.

Seems Nvidia is not the cause..

We are still trying..

S.

Share this post


Link to post

Delete your default scenario, including previous flight.xml and let p3d generate a new one.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    31%
    $7,930.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...