Sign in to follow this  
LecLightning56

P3d 4.5 loading issues

Hi guys,

As advised by Kayla: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=133133&start=15

The temporally solution if you are experiencing this issue is to add the entry to the Prepard3d.cfg file, be sure to keep these steps safe since if you delete the prepared3d.cfg for any reason the entry will need to be re-added to allow your simulator to load.

It is important to clarify how difficult it has been to find the cause of this problem since there have been 3 issues presenting similar symptoms, however they are different:

• Problem 1 P3D Splash screen is loaded, but the simulator never starts - sometimes the start up was being displayed but then the scenario never displaying anything, however you could hear P3D sounds in the background.

Solution

Uninstall FSLabs SpotLights and FSLabs airplanes.

No LM Fault, the add-on needs to be updated to be compatible with 4.5.

• Problem 2 P3D Splash screen is loaded, but the simulator never starts - Prepar3D was displaying the loading scenery sometimes while other it was not. If you leave Prepard3d.exe running for over 25 minutes the simulator would start eventually, however the problem will repeat again on next load.

Solution

Check the scenary.cfg as missing entries would cause an internal loop in P3D which would slowdown the loading process, the issue is caused due to bad installation add-ons, MWAI was an example which left entries inside the scenary.cfg despite of being removed long time ago.

No 100% LM fault, people have been asking Lockheed Martin to improve the loading times for library objects, etc. and accordingly they included new algorithms to do so, however if you have a corrupted scenary.cfg file then things go south...

• Problem 3 P3D Splash screen is loaded, but the simulator never starts - Prepar3D was displaying index library process following by the splash screen disappearing leaving prepar3d.exe running in the background, If you leave Prepar3d.exe running for over 30 minutes the simulator don't start, if you inspect your shaders only 11 shaders are being compiled, only solution was terminating prepar3d.exe via task manager.

Solution

Add this to prepar3d.cfg

[STARTUP]
LoadVirtualReality = 0 

This is a bug now discovered by LM, I cant comment at this stage what their plans are. But It seems CPUs without AVX2 instruction set extension were the culprit as the VR software requires AVX2 to work.

The big thing to take from this experience is how quickly Lockheed Martin reacted to investigate each one of these issues and offered solutions to customers withing 24 hours of the release, I can tell you they were working 24/7 on all these issues as soon as it was reported to them either via internal communications means from P3D Beta testers like me or via public communications via their forums. I wish I could receive such level of support from other vendors at my work to be honest (I work full time on IT for an international firm), but this is not the case, so this shows how dedicated LM developers are, we should be grateful for this.

Finally I would like to express my gratitude to all of you for your patience while I was performing tests on your systems, I know how painful it is to re-install P3D and do a full clean up, but when you have difficult problems as this, it is inevitable to follow such steps in order to find out what the problem could be, and it was thanks to this approach that Lockheed Martin received accurate data to understand that something else was causing the problem as I was able to tell and show them with reliable and accurate information what was happening on many of the affected systems.

I wish you all a wonderful time flying in the skies..

Kind Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

@simbol I don't have a problem with v4.5 (works perfect on my end) but still kept reading this thread to be, so to speak, up to date if I encounter a problem.

Just wanted to say: Thanks for your commitment! Hat's off to you man!

PS: With such a support from your side, I will be one of those investing in Ai Lights and Ai Traffic !

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Absolutely. while I wasn't hit by this issue, your commitment has been exemplary simbol.

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Wow... 4.4 loadtime to Scenario screen was 3 minutes and now with the new 4.5 only 1 minute

BUT

4.4 loadtime ORBX True Earth The Netherlands was 10 minutes (3 min. to the 6% issue) and now 100% fully loaded in only 2,5 minute.

Everything is working normal and for me there is NO negative FPS hit

Only thing I changed after the upgrade was the suggested NOVR line in the CFG file as mentioned in other topics about the 4.5 version.

My specs? (haha) Sandy Bridge 2600K from 2011 clocked at 5 Ghz, 16Gb 1600Mhz DDR3 Ram, GTX 1060 6Gb OC. Princeton SSD 480 Gb exclusive for P3D and all the ORBX stuff loaded with TE NL on top and the whole circus running under Win10 professional.

I'm a happy camper with the Prepar3Dv4.5 version and now I am waiting for the HP Reverb VR set coming out.... and do the trail with VR again.

49 minutes ago, simba_nl said:

My specs? (haha) Sandy Bridge 2600K from 2011 clocked at 5 Ghz, 16Gb 1600Mhz DDR3 Ram, GTX 1060 6Gb OC. Princeton SSD 480 Gb exclusive for P3D and all the ORBX stuff loaded with TE NL on top and the whole circus running under Win10 professional.

I'm a happy camper with the Prepar3Dv4.5 version and now I am waiting for the HP Reverb VR set coming out.... and do the trail with VR again.

The Sandy Bridge 2600K was a great processor indeed, had it for a long time, but the Reverb with a 2600K and a GTX 1060...?

(Nothing more from my side here, as it's off topic.)

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

5 minutes ago, pmb said:

The Sandy Bridge 2600K was a great processor indeed, had it for a long time, but the Reverb with a 2600K and a GTX 1060...?

(Nothing more from my side here, as it's off topic.)

Kind regards, Michael

Yep, The Samsung Odyssey was running flawless on it but I don't liked the resolution and the SDE so I hope that the Reverb is better and we have to see if the hardware can handle it but back on topic... I'm happy with the 4.5 update and it is good to see that on my specific system Prepard3D and XPlane11 running very well even with high settings. I have in Prepar3Dv4.5 with HD GA planes and 737NGX and all the ORBX stuff you can imagine 30fps with everything maxed out by 8x SS. The only game changer is ORBX TE The Netherlands with FT Amsterdam (low res) and the 737NGX (also low res) Live on VATSIM where I have to set the "world settings" a bit lower to achieve a steady 20fps. 

Edited by simba_nl

On 4/11/2019 at 2:54 AM, Crouchair said:

I think they found the problem worked for me

Add this to CFG

[STARTUP]
LoadVirtualReality = 0

Cheers

Hi All, have just tried adding in the above to the CFG file as instructed but to no avail, scenario screen will still not show up after launching P3D.

Hardware: Intel i7-7820HK 2.9GHz, Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Memory 32GB GDDR4

46 minutes ago, M3AP said:

Hi All, have just tried adding in the above to the CFG file as instructed but to no avail, scenario screen will still not show up after launching P3D.

Hardware: Intel i7-7820HK 2.9GHz, Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Memory 32GB GDDR4

Check your scenary.cfg file does not have rogue entries with scenaries you removed in the past.

S.

On 4/9/2019 at 4:35 PM, LecLightning56 said:

Well, this is interesting. I have downloaded and installed P3D v4.5 content and client and, when having started the program, I get the initial "front page" from LM with Prepar3D displayed on it then everything retreats into the background showing as 30% CPU!

Cannot figure that I have done anything wrong.

I had a similar problem weeks ago after the 4.5 update and a couple of flights.

I solved with the "Delete Generated File" maintenance (thanks Poppet).

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

I had the same issue... would start P3D V4.4, splash screen would disappear and I had to end the task from the task manager... fixed it by installing LorbySI and "Saving" the scenery files... and bam, it worked.... then realised I had to do this everytime I wanted to start P3D... I also has changed the default flight to a custom flight... so went back to the default P3D flight at start up... no more issues, starts everytime...

Just sharing my experience...

Faisal Niazi

On 4/9/2019 at 5:12 PM, BusheFlyer said:

Tried these steps and no joy.

The loading screen opens.. it shows the usual progress bar at creating scenery then when the Scenario screen should show it disappears to a background process (no UI) and thats that.. only option is to kill the process.

This has happened to me a couple of times. When you get to this point, press the <Esc> key, and you should get the P3D End Scenario dialog box. Select "New Scenario" and it should take you back to the normal start up screen. I usually exit P3D and restart and it starts up normally after that. I think P3D sometimes saves itself in a partially shutdown state and that becomes the new "default" startup scenario. 

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Hu guys, I just installed the latest version of P3D, 4.5.13.

Now my P3D does not start any longer. I uninstalled FSLabs A320/19 and Spotlights to rule them out. deleted p3d.cfg... No luck.

After about 2 minutes it just closes. No sing of it in the task manager, it just shuts down.

Solved it, switched the sound device away from NVidia....

• Like 1