Sign in to follow this  
mooki

Blurry terrain please help

Well right now i have nothing installed... And it takes about30secs for the terrain to load properly. And cfg tweaks I should do?

5 hours ago, mooki said:

Well right now i have nothing installed... And it takes about30secs for the terrain to load properly. And cfg tweaks I should do?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You need to start Taskmanager and see how much RAM you are using, With only 4GB there is a good possibility you have run out of physical RAM and the slow loading textures are, at least in part, caused by having to use the pagefile (which is MUCH) slower. Another thing to consider is that you are using a very fast aircraft with a very slow CPU. I'd be amazed if the CPU can quickly generate large textures at 400 Kts.........Doug

Edited by W2DR
kant spel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Another possibility is a disc usage problem. Without the game running, open task manager ( ctrl+alt+del ). If it is anywhere near 100%, Your ground textures can't load. I'm guessing that your computer is a bit older laptop. If high disc usage is indeed your problem, we can't really diagnose your computer here. In my case high usage was because the HDD was going bad. Replacing it with a SDD made the computer better than new.

OTOH, I wonder what happened to your computer two weeks ago? 

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Looks like you simply don't have enough PC all round. Check task manager to make sure nothing is hogging resources. If nothing is, either a computer upgrade or FS9 are your best options.

Edited by Skywatcher

Mark Daniels

@mooki The fact that you reinstalled FSX and don't have any add-ons installed and still no luck, the next question would be did you downloaded any version updates to your Graphics Card lately?. In the past i have updated my Graphics Card software and have had problems and had to revert back to he previous version. Updates are not always better depending on what the upgrades were suppose to address, remember Flight Sim in not a game but a simulator and the Processor and Graphics Card does not work the same as Gaming.

Just a suggestion since it's similar to what I experienced some time ago.

Good luck.

Forshaw. 

hi sorry for late answer... since then it worked good now its back to blurry i am so lost at this point.. nothing weird in the task manger and i didnt touch the graphics card 

Since it sounds like you had working good and it suddenly became blurry, it means only one thing - you are running out Virtual Address Space (VAS) during the flight.  In FSX you only get up to 4GB's as it is a 32 bit application.  This usually starts to run out during a flight depending on how long you have been flying. Your i3 (CPU unnamed) 3.30GHz with only 4GB of RAM is probably not powerful enough.  There is no solution for systems that are not powerful enough.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10