Starlifter60

Falcon 50 CTD with v4.5

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Has anybody experienced CTDs with the Falcon after installing v4.5? I load the jet from a safe, clean state and it CTDs every time. Worked flawlessly with v4.4. Did a complete reinstall and no joy.

Edited by Starlifter60
sp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Starlifter60 said:

Has anybody experienced CTDs with the Falcon after installing v4.5? I load the jet from a safe, clean state and it CTDs every time. Worked flawlessly with v4.4. Did a complete reinstall and no joy.

If you are using the REX WX radar and/or the GTN750 you need to have the P3Dv4.5 compatible updates for those addons. Last I checked, REX was still working on the WX update.

Al

Edited by ark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, ark said:

If you are using the REX WX radar and/or the GTN750 you need to have the P3Dv4.5 compatible updates for those addons. Last I checked, REX was still working on the WX update.

Al

I'm using the Flight1 GTN750 but have updated it with their v4.5 fix. I have the Milviz Radar also...is that the REX product? If so, there's my sign 🙂  Thanks for responding

Brian

Edited by Starlifter60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Starlifter60 said:

I'm using the Flight1 GTN750 but have updated it with their v4.5 fix. I have the Milviz Radar also...is that the REX product? If so, there's my sign 🙂  Thanks for responding

Brian

Brian -- yes, the WX radar was a cooperative effort by Milviz and REX. REX usually posts updates here:

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/forum/179-milviz-rex-wx-advantage-radar/

Al

Edited by ark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same issue, and REX seems to be dragging their feet on this so, I wonder, can I just uninstall the Wx Radar? Will this fix the crashing?

I would try it but I would rather ask to see if someone might know already, JIC it could mess something up.

thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WX radar is waiting for an update for P3D4.5, actually it doesn't work on my Falcon 50!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JimBeamBlack said:

I have the same issue, and REX seems to be dragging their feet on this so, I wonder, can I just uninstall the Wx Radar? Will this fix the crashing?

I would try it but I would rather ask to see if someone might know already, JIC it could mess something up.

thanks

 

I would expect you could uninstall the REX WX radar safely. If necessary, you could always reinstall your current version. Caveat: I don't have P3Dv4.5 and have not tired uninstalling the radar.

However, the normal process for upgrading the radar is to first uninstall the old version. Here are the upgrading steps that  REX had on their forum website for the previous upgrade when P3Dv4.4 came out:

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION PROCESS

STEP 1 - Uninstall ALL previously installed versions of WX Advantage Radar

 

STEP 2 - Create a “TEMP” folder on your desktop.

 

STEP 3 - Click the download link below and download the file into the “TEMP” folder you created on your desktop.

 

STEP 4 - Right-click the ZIP file “wxrad_20181220.zip” and unzip the files into your “TEMP” folder.

 

STEP 5 - Right-click on the wxinstaller.exe and select “Run As Administrator” to start the installation process

 

Or, of course you could just wait a bit. I don't think it is accurate to say REX is dragging their feet in coming out with an update for P3Dv4.5. The radar is a cooperative effort between REX and Milviz so both sides need to do their part in order to get an upgrade out. It seems to me it is in their interest to do so as expeditiously as possible.

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ark said:

I would expect you could uninstall the REX WX radar safely. If necessary, you could always reinstall your current version. Caveat: I don't have P3Dv4.5 and have not tired uninstalling the radar.

However, the normal process for upgrading the radar is to first uninstall the old version. Here are the upgrading steps that  REX had on their forum website for the previous upgrade when P3Dv4.4 came out:

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION PROCESS

STEP 1 - Uninstall ALL previously installed versions of WX Advantage Radar

 

STEP 2 - Create a “TEMP” folder on your desktop.

 

STEP 3 - Click the download link below and download the file into the “TEMP” folder you created on your desktop.

 

STEP 4 - Right-click the ZIP file “wxrad_20181220.zip” and unzip the files into your “TEMP” folder.

 

STEP 5 - Right-click on the wxinstaller.exe and select “Run As Administrator” to start the installation process

 

Or, of course you could just wait a bit. I don't think it is accurate to say REX is dragging their feet in coming out with an update for P3Dv4.5. The radar is a cooperative effort between REX and Milviz so both sides need to do their part in order to get an upgrade out. It seems to me it is in their interest to do so as expeditiously as possible.

Al

 True, true, I should not have said dragging their feet, I'm not usually that pushy. It's just frustrating that they are not ready to go, as most others were this time, when the update has been known about for months. Just frustrated that's all.

 And thank you for locating this for me, since this is the recommended procedure for updating it should be safe to try it. And then when the update is ready it'll just be a matter of install and fly!! I find the REX website hard to navigate sometimes, maybe it's just me though, very limited on free time lately.

PDv4.5 is working VERY good for me, it was a long awaited update performance wise, at least for me it was. Even got a new 1TB hard drive to make things even better. 

Thanks for keeping me humble Al, and digging up that info!! I do truly appreciate it.

RobC

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, JimBeamBlack said:

PDv4.5 is working VERY good for me, it was a long awaited update performance wise, at least for me it was. Even got a new 1TB hard drive to make things even better.  

Good to hear P3Dv4.5 is working well for you. I've been reading the AVSIM P3D  forum and it seems quite a few folks have noticed a FPS loss with the recent upgrade to P3Dv4.5.  Apparently LM is looking into the situation so a patch to the 4.5 update may be coming down the line soon. Hopefully if that happens the patch won't re-impact the WX radar!   😯

Al

Edited by ark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep this is true, I always read through the LM forums before updating to try to limit any issues, I see a lot of people having issues, I am either lucky or there is some other problem, I had one small issue with Orbx, had to reinstall all of the LC's (NOT a major issue but some of the land class was off a bit even after deleting the shader file) BUT I didn't even have to remake my cfg file this time,  my sim is running smooth, even with HD Carendao aircraft.

I have a pretty strong self built system, and I use Process Lasso (paid) with a profile set up for P3Dv4, I use the last 6 cores for my sim and the first 2 for all UTL, EFB2 maps, GTN's yada yada and it works great, SO maybe that's the difference, not sure, BUT I won't need the hot fix that Rob McCarthy said LM is working on, I'm going to hold at 4.5 proper for a good while, unless they come up with some major update, OR like you said they patch everything for that...lol.

You might want to go ahead and at least download the current version, JIC they make things worse. **knocks on wood**  it can't hurt. 😉

thanks again AL, happy flying!!

 

PS: Just got the Flight1 GNS complete, gonna go try it out now and see if it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, JimBeamBlack said:

You might want to go ahead and at least download the current version, JIC they make things worse. **knocks on wood**  it can't hurt. 😉

Rob,

That's certainly a reasonable idea, but I have a modest system (still using an overclocked I5 3570K) that is doing well with P3Dv4.4 so I think I'll stay with that for now. I just don't see any big advantage to upgrading to P3Dv4.5 at this point. Besides, P3Dv5.0 can't be too far away!  😃

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now