Sign in to follow this  
Bruce66

Piper Comanche – Red Deer to Springbank - Video

In my quest for ‘As real as it can be!’ this video is the closest I have come so far I believe. (Of course there will be those who will say ‘Switch to P3D’ and I would if I could but that will have to wait for my next big lottery win!)

Here we have the A2A Comanche, of course, with ORBX Northern Rockies scenery, live weather from Active Sky, the local live textures from REX, the great trees from Turbulent Designs and now the ATC from Radar Contact. Of course this also highlights how much I still have to learn so watch for all my mistakes in the flight (I have tried to hide only simulator technical errors and extremely boring stuff – like long wandering taxiing in the wrong direction).

The flight is a simple one from Red Deer, Alberta to Springbank, Alberta with a slight detour to avoid Calgary airspace as much as possible.

I hope it keeps some folks entertained!

Edited by Bruce66
  • Like 1

It kept this armchair pilot entertained, Bruce! Thanks. Nice showcase of the A2A Comanche. I have one of their larger birds - the Constellation.

I might still get Radar Contact.. I know it's freeware now, but there's a heck of a learning curve I believe.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

29 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

It kept this armchair pilot entertained, Bruce! Thanks. Nice showcase of the A2A Comanche. I have one of their larger birds - the Constellation.

I might still get Radar Contact.. I know it's freeware now, but there's a heck of a learning curve I believe.

I'm glad you liked it.

Oh, the Constellation! I WANT that one. But it is not exactly cheap and it is a lot to learn - I will likely get it eventually!

Yes, Radar Contact is a bit of a steep learning curve and I am still spinning my wheels on the foothills of that mountain range! Little by little I will get it. Making the videos helps me see what I am doing wrong at least.

Great stuff! Enjoyed this quite a bit

you should have flown this flight on Thursday, we had a hell of a blizzard in these parts, snowflakes as big as CD’s, I had to drive through it, it might have been a really fun flight!😂

Gotta say I don't miss the winters now I am in the balmy UK!

Thursday the 11th that would be? I don't know if I will record it but maybe I'll get the old Beaver out for a flight in that blizzard to see how she likes it! (The beauty of historic weather in Active Sky!)