Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

FlyTampa VHHX

Hi......Does anyone know what are the gate assignments, ramp to what airlines for VHHX. The latest afcad is sorely needing improvement....Martin at FlyTampa says he has no issues with someone updating and sharing the afcads.

https://imgur.com/wHaSc1J

Thank you,

Bestes,

BobM.

Bob M

That's gonna be a tough one, given that the airport has been closed for nearly 21 years now. 

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

lol...yeah I know.....maybe someone will have the good stuff :)  I got Ai's and the FlyTampa latest addition but I want to get the gates properly assigned, if I can. Looks like you got the really good stuff looking at your system specs...zowie.

Bestest,

BobM

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

We developed 9 Dragons Kai Tak Airport way back in 2008 and if I remember correctly there were no gate assignments per airline or we couldn't find any even back then.  There were only eight gates (?), as most were ramps.

One I guess could look at many of the available photos online of the terminal and by looking at the airlines parked at each gate one could surmise if there was indeed gate assignments.  Just a thought.

Clutch

• Like 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Bob,

Your post piqued my curiosity...it is indeed very difficult to find that information!

I was able to find two different sites with the correct gate numbers, but, I think you're looking for actual gate/airline assignments.

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24508&start=30

The parking assignments are a little clearer in the following:

http://fs-holland.nl/VHHX_ALL charts.pdf

Looking at numerous old VHHH/VHHX photos and YouTube videos, to me at least, actual passenger airline parking almost seems somewhat "random" around the Main Terminal and South Terminal. I never had the opportunity to fly there...with only 8 terminal jetways, maybe it was somewhat random being such a congested airport?

Sorry I couldn't offer more help!

Regards, Rob

Hi Bob,

I'm on the road with a work laptop and so can't visit certain forums, FlyTampa included (but can hit Avsim, go figure). I posted in reply to your thread there but wasn't able to go back yet - sounds like Martin confirmed so I'll send you a copy of my afcad this weekend via the PM system if you like. 

As Rob noted, parking was somewhat of a free-for-all due to the limited number of jetway gates, with the ramp heavily used. I use historical traffic plans there so mixed up the codes and sizes to approximate a (sort of) realistic mix of AI around the field. 

Edited by sddjd

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

1 hour ago, sddjd said:

Hi Bob,

I'm on the road with a work laptop and so can't visit certain forums, FlyTampa included (but can hit Avsim, go figure). I posted in reply to your thread there but wasn't able to go back yet - sounds like Martin confirmed so I'll send you a copy of my afcad this weekend via the PM system if you like. 

As Rob noted, parking was somewhat of a free-for-all due to the limited number of jetway gates, with the ramp heavily used. I use historical traffic plans there so mixed up the codes and sizes to approximate a (sort of) realistic mix of AI around the field. 

Sent you message...BTW...I will have to look at VHHX and see if there is a cargo terminal bldg..Looks like a front and back bldg.. Also I got planes (particulary 747's that can't get over the mountains from 31...like the 747-100 and 200's...I don't know that I can find an updated for the faib 747-100....I think even setting the winds from 320 degrees..they can't get over the hump :)    I guess if you're that old..its hard to get up and over..lol

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24508&start=30

BobM.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

4 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

We developed 9 Dragons Kai Tak Airport way back in 2008 and if I remember correctly there were no gate assignments per airline or we couldn't find any even back then.  There were only eight gates (?), as most were ramps.

One I guess could look at many of the available photos online of the terminal and by looking at the airlines parked at each gate one could surmise if there was indeed gate assignments.  Just a thought.

Clutch

Yeah..I bought that program :)   Thank you!!!

Bob M