unc1rlm

FlyTampa VHHX

Hi......Does anyone know what are the gate assignments, ramp to what airlines for VHHX. The latest afcad is sorely needing improvement....Martin at FlyTampa says he has no issues with someone updating and sharing the afcads.

https://imgur.com/wHaSc1J

Thank you,

Bestes,

BobM.

That's gonna be a tough one, given that the airport has been closed for nearly 21 years now. 

Posted (edited)

lol...yeah I know.....maybe someone will have the good stuff :)  I got Ai's and the FlyTampa latest addition but I want to get the gates properly assigned, if I can. Looks like you got the really good stuff looking at your system specs...zowie.

Bestest,

BobM

Edited by unc1rlm

We developed 9 Dragons Kai Tak Airport way back in 2008 and if I remember correctly there were no gate assignments per airline or we couldn't find any even back then.  There were only eight gates (?), as most were ramps.

One I guess could look at many of the available photos online of the terminal and by looking at the airlines parked at each gate one could surmise if there was indeed gate assignments.  Just a thought.

Clutch

• Like 1

Bob,

Your post piqued my curiosity...it is indeed very difficult to find that information!

I was able to find two different sites with the correct gate numbers, but, I think you're looking for actual gate/airline assignments.

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24508&start=30

The parking assignments are a little clearer in the following:

http://fs-holland.nl/VHHX_ALL charts.pdf

Looking at numerous old VHHH/VHHX photos and YouTube videos, to me at least, actual passenger airline parking almost seems somewhat "random" around the Main Terminal and South Terminal. I never had the opportunity to fly there...with only 8 terminal jetways, maybe it was somewhat random being such a congested airport?

Sorry I couldn't offer more help!

Regards, Rob

Posted (edited)

Hi Bob,

I'm on the road with a work laptop and so can't visit certain forums, FlyTampa included (but can hit Avsim, go figure). I posted in reply to your thread there but wasn't able to go back yet - sounds like Martin confirmed so I'll send you a copy of my afcad this weekend via the PM system if you like. 

As Rob noted, parking was somewhat of a free-for-all due to the limited number of jetway gates, with the ramp heavily used. I use historical traffic plans there so mixed up the codes and sizes to approximate a (sort of) realistic mix of AI around the field. 

Edited by sddjd

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sddjd said:

Hi Bob,

I'm on the road with a work laptop and so can't visit certain forums, FlyTampa included (but can hit Avsim, go figure). I posted in reply to your thread there but wasn't able to go back yet - sounds like Martin confirmed so I'll send you a copy of my afcad this weekend via the PM system if you like. 

As Rob noted, parking was somewhat of a free-for-all due to the limited number of jetway gates, with the ramp heavily used. I use historical traffic plans there so mixed up the codes and sizes to approximate a (sort of) realistic mix of AI around the field. 

Sent you message...BTW...I will have to look at VHHX and see if there is a cargo terminal bldg..Looks like a front and back bldg.. Also I got planes (particulary 747's that can't get over the mountains from 31...like the 747-100 and 200's...I don't know that I can find an updated for the faib 747-100....I think even setting the winds from 320 degrees..they can't get over the hump :)    I guess if you're that old..its hard to get up and over..lol

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24508&start=30

BobM.

Edited by unc1rlm

4 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

We developed 9 Dragons Kai Tak Airport way back in 2008 and if I remember correctly there were no gate assignments per airline or we couldn't find any even back then.  There were only eight gates (?), as most were ramps.

One I guess could look at many of the available photos online of the terminal and by looking at the airlines parked at each gate one could surmise if there was indeed gate assignments.  Just a thought.

Clutch

Yeah..I bought that program :)   Thank you!!!