Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Full Disclosure - How Soon???

Mike, how soon will marketing allow you to release a listing of new features to the folks here and at other forums...short of making us wait for the release. They obviously want to build anticipation!I can understand if you had real competition in this category but you really don't. X-plane is a great product but will not steal your thunder. What's the big secret here??? Thanks. :D

Well for one thing I do believe that Mike is not directly working on FSX anymore...his words...Of course he knows a lot more than we do but I'm sure it's not up to him to release new info. It's up to the marketing people...You should ask him about his "adding waypoints" feature in the flight planner...it sounds neat! hint hintRhett

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>Mike, how soon will marketing allow you to release a listing>of new features to the folks here and at other forums...short>of making us wait for the release. They obviously want to>build anticipation!>>I can understand if you had real competition in this category>but you really don't. X-plane is a great product but will not>steal your thunder. What's the big secret here??? Thanks. :D There will be information given out all summer and fall. We're focussing on various areas at a time so things don't get lost in a firehouse jet of information, speculation, adulation, fear, uncertainty, doubt, and joy.Cheers,Jason

I can understand the reluctance to not publish a list too soon. It's possible that not every feature currently planned will make the final cut. Sometimes it's better to wait and let things settle in a bit.Doug

Guest sclincoln

> I can understand the reluctance to not publish a list too>soon. It's possible that not every feature currently planned>will make the final cut. Sometimes it's better to wait and let>things settle in a bit.Possible. Although, I would think from a marketing perspective, it wouldn't be a good idea to make a big announcement right now since release is still so far off. What's the point of generating lots of excitement now which will just cool off by the time Oct-Nov rolls around. Better to build up little by little.