Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Flightbeam Quito (SEQM) available

21 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

Tips: in the fmc change the speed restriction to 250/18000

set speed 185 over QIT and have flaps down one notch by then, before turning to heading 030 to intercept the LOC get fully configured for landing

This airport lands Runway 36 and ILS Z 90% of the year

Thanks for the tips, I'm headed there now.

- Aaron

9 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Tips: in the fmc change the speed restriction to 250/18000

set speed 185 over QIT and have flaps down one notch by then, before turning to heading 030 to intercept the LOC get fully configured for landing

This airport lands Runway 36 and ILS Z 90% of the year

Yup, configure early and slow down.  That's definitely the key here on first runs into this airport.

Yeah, going over QIT slow and with slats/flaps partially out was important for me.   I think if I'd passed it over 250 I would have had trouble slowing down.

So after I landed, I got in the Robinson R22 and flew around the airport and environs.   The windsock is great compared to what we used to have.   I then flew down the canyon and to the new highway.  It looks like they stopped with the scenery about at that point.  It would have been nice to have the new highway connect to something...but that is something that could be added I suppose.   We just need a DD Quito scenery.  🌏

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 4/28/2019 at 12:57 AM, sddjd said:

Thanks, guess I need to do a complete uninstall. I checked and the installer didn't copy the effects files into the proper directory, but even when placing them I still have dark aprons. Strange...

I don't have any mention of dyn lighting in the control panel/manager, should there be?

(ps- I've registered on the FBeam forum several times and have yet to receive the confirming email, so hoping my weekend won't be over before getting to fly here)

So, just in case anyone has a similar issue I was able to sort it out - first, this was self-inflicted in that I selected a non-default folder location for the install (in my case, D:\, which leads to D:\Flightbeam\..... being created) and the installer didn't fully adjust for this.

My other F'beam sceneries already existed in this folder and their install routines correctly placed the contents in the proper locations. However, the Quito installer failed to include the .fx files in the add-on.xml used by the scenery-add utility. Instead it just created a folder called Effects in the D:\ root.

The "fix" was editing the add-on.xml file to include the needed entry for the Effects folder. Prior to doing so I moved it to the -SEQM folder, then re-ran the add-to utility. 

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

3 hours ago, sddjd said:

So, just in case anyone has a similar issue I was able to sort it out - first, this was self-inflicted in that I selected a non-default folder location for the install (in my case, D:\, which leads to D:\Flightbeam\..... being created) and the installer didn't fully adjust for this.

My other F'beam sceneries already existed in this folder and their install routines correctly placed the contents in the proper locations. However, the Quito installer failed to include the .fx files in the add-on.xml used by the scenery-add utility. Instead it just created a folder called Effects in the D:\ root.

The "fix" was editing the add-on.xml file to include the needed entry for the Effects folder. Prior to doing so I moved it to the -SEQM folder, then re-ran the add-to utility. 

So, in essence it appears that you were able to (partially?) install the SEQM scenery by the xml method.  That's good to know.

I thought about doing this with FlightBeam's SEQM, as I have done it with other scenery that doesn't adhere to the LM SDK standard.  However, I decided to not mess with it right now, and let it install where it wanted to (P3D root) -- even though I would rather it not do that...

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yes, really it seems to be just the missing entry in their xml file; might even be picked up in a later update as their other scenery does just fine with the same custom location I used. 

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

I did my first departure fro SEQM last night (747).  It was very possibly the coolest departure I have ever done in flightsim.  Cloud, lighting, @GSalden shader presets and mountains in a winning visual combination.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

Had first landing there last night.  Usually I have a look round a newly installed airport before doing full flight in/out but decided to save the magic as it were until my first approach.  Although night time, thanks to the clear night sky I could still see so much of the surrounding area and it really got some "wow" remarks from me, looking forward to doing a daytime departure this afternoon so I can see it in all its glory.  

Cheers

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

2 minutes ago, StChalky said:

Had first landing there last night.  Usually I have a look round a newly installed airport before doing full flight in/out but decided to save the magic as it were until my first approach.  Although night time, thanks to the clear night sky I could still see so much of the surrounding area and it really got some "wow" remarks from me, looking forward to doing a daytime departure this afternoon so I can see it in all its glory.  

Cheers

The NEGAL1 departure in a fully loaded 747 climbing over the mountain peaks until getting to the coast is great. A mesh product, freemeshx for those looking to save money, and landclass like Orbx OpenLC a great combination.

• Like 2