Anyone know if the Thrust Master T.Flight Rudder Pedals are as tough or long lasting as the CH Products Pedals?

If I could do over I would have stuck with the CH pedels. Thrust Masters are uncomfortably close together and a bit sticky to slide. The CH pedals seemed smoother and had a greater movement distance if memory serves. I

I'm tempted to order another set of CH even though my Thrust Masters still work.

Vic green

Dougal,

I've had my CH pedals for around 12 years and they just keep working. But they are just really toys compared to the serious kit. Thrustmaster make another model and if you have the cash they are the closest to the real thing as a real-world pilot has told me.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tpr-thrustmaster-pendular-rudder

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am surprised to say the least at a question limited to these two choices.  I had two sets of CH Pedals over the years and never felt they represented anything close to the action of actual aircraft rudder pedals.  And beyond that I found myself frequently re calibrating the brakes because they would constantly register as being applied when my feet were totally off the pedals.  Even had to start inserting CD or DVD jewel cases beneath them during calibration.   Read the following topic linked below for confirmation.  Where MP II found the solution, about halfway down in the topic:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/459888-ch-rudder-pedals-problem/ 

I have tried a set of the Thrustmaster TPR pedals and fully agree with LCH above.  I did not like them at all.  They are a challenge to use under a desk away from a wall unless somehow bolted down.  I have not tried the TM TFRP pedals.

Why not consider the Saitek/Logitech and others, such as MFG Crosswind?

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks for the great feedback guys - much appreciated.  Hey Ray, great as they look, think i better stick with the "toys" lol 😉

• Upvote 2