Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

FSDT KMEM Memphis International scenery

2 minutes ago, downscc said:

No, certainly did not imply GSX2.  The feature you are referring to is imbedded in all FSDT sceneries and is a free version of GSX.  The GSX product simply adds the exact same feature to non-FSDT airports.  It works the same.  You settings are stored in appdata files keyed to the name of the AF file.

Ah I see, I didn't think all settings would be linked to the AFCAD (I assume that's what you mean by AF?), but it makes sense... I got a little confused because you specifically relate these changes one can make to the aircraft parking, which is not what my question relates to (though I realize a lot of posts in this thread do discuss how to change aircraft parkings to fit larger aircraft than previously defined).

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

53 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Ah I see, I didn't think all settings would be linked to the AFCAD (I assume that's what you mean by AF?), but it makes sense... I got a little confused because you specifically relate these changes one can make to the aircraft parking, which is not what my question relates to (though I realize a lot of posts in this thread do discuss how to change aircraft parkings to fit larger aircraft than previously defined).

The airport file (AF) used to be manipulated by us with a program called AFCAD (AF computer aided design) whereas today most of us use ADE (airport design editor) by Scuffyduck.  In it's most basic form the AF file is an xml file in a format that is specified by the SDK on how to define stuff in the airport container such as runways, aprons, parking, apron links, nodes, etc.  One may still today create an xml file in this format and use bglcomp to convert it in to a bgl file.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

On 5/9/2019 at 5:05 AM, Boeing or not going said:

fsdt are another developer on my list of high quality looking scenery and little time on functionality! afcads are a mess rarely spaces big enough for the aircraft that in real life fly there and fsdt Ohare the south cargo ramp is not proportioned right so you cant even fit heavy aircraft north and south in the ramp at once!

in Memphis here are the heavy spots... most you have to increase the radius yourself in the afcad theyre too small

777 and 747 gate 459-463

777 gate 380-383

777 gate 390, 391, 393

and get the iniBuilds files that add dynamic lights

https://www.inibuilds.com/dynamic-lighting

The largest gates at Memphis are called "Type C".  At a minimum they are 272.5 ft x 241 ft.  There are 11 gates designed for the B777:

459-462 - must enter/exit via TW V west of TW S, TW S south of TW V and TW B south of TW V.  (No clearance east of TW B on TW V)
380-383
391, 393, 335

Note: 463 is not a 777 gate.

H005 (in front of Hanger 12) can also be used for contingency parking with the following restrictions: Aircraft must be towed from the east with at least 2 wing walkers, No on-load, off-load operations.

390 is the plane wash

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, tafische said:

The largest gates at Memphis are called "Type C".  At a minimum they are 272.5 ft x 241 ft.  There are 11 gates designed for the B777:

459-462 - must enter/exit via TW V west of TW S, TW S south of TW V and TW B south of TW V.  (No clearance east of TW B on TW V)
380-383
391, 393, 335

Note: 463 is not a 777 gate.

H005 (in front of Hanger 12) can also be used for contingency parking with the following restrictions: Aircraft must be towed from the east with at least 2 wing walkers, No on-load, off-load operations.

390 is the plane wash

Good info and corrections, thank you.

To add to my last comment about routes you can do for FX, I did forget my favorite 77L route out of MEM it is to HNL.

I forgot I had made this quick and dirty graphic a while ago.  Some gates have changed slightly and major changes are ongoing.  Hanger 7/8 are in rubble right now, the courtyard is not being used, Graceland and North ramp have quite a few gates closed and drive lane detours.  

KMEM FedEx Layout

• Upvote 1

On 5/9/2019 at 11:28 PM, Benjamin J said:

I suppose you are referring to GSX Level 2? My question was not about the parking though, rather the YouControl-dependent customization of FSDT sceneries, which is unrelated GSX.

Ah I see, I’ll wait for the release of the fix. Any idea when this might be pushed to the public?

Looking forward to have this fixed, those options ruined my A320 landing in there and taxi trial is a nightmare too.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

4 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Looking forward to have this fixed, those options ruined my A320 landing in there and taxi trial is a nightmare too.

We published a temporary fix to try on our forum.

On 6/28/2019 at 6:35 AM, virtuali said:

We published a temporary fix to try on our forum.

Got it, thanks. Still waiting for a way to disable the other things, like walking staff, stationary carts, dynamic buses and tractors, etc.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto