Sign in to follow this  
schmoboy

Settings When Two Planes In Folder

What does one do when there are two different airplanes in the folder?  For example the default 172 has a 530/430 stack plane and a G1000 plane.  I have a specific RealityXP.GNS.ini for the 530/430 version, but I don't want it to load when I fly the G1000 version because it conflicts with the G1000.

Do I physically have to rename/remove the RealityXP.GNS.ini when I want to fly the G1000 version?  Would be nice if there was an option to name the RealityXP ini file after the .acf file so dirs with multiple aircraft could have different setups.  Maybe that option exists?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by schmoboy

First of all, do you have an RXP gauge loaded in the G1000 version?  If not, the ini file does not matter.

If you do:

Try dropping two different ini files into the two panel folders, instead of one ini file in the aircraft folder..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

10 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

First of all, do you have an RXP gauge loaded in the G1000 version?  If not, the ini file does not matter.

If you do:

Try dropping two different ini files into the two panel folders, instead of one ini file in the aircraft folder..

I don't have anything in the G1000 panel, but I have a 530 popout window defined which is on a second monitor (simGear).  That activates when the G1000 version loads.  

I don't have separate panel folders for the default 172 do you?

Guessing that there is nothing I can do other than deleting/renaming the RealityXP.GNS.ini file before flying the G1000 variant and renaming/restoring it back when I want to fly the 530430 stack version.

I'd like to suggest a feature/enhancement in which the plugin looks for the ini file using the .acf filename which is loaded first.  If it does not find one then it can default to the RealityXP.GNS.ini filename.  So for the Laminar default 172 there could be two RXP ini files as such:

RealityXP.GNS.Cessna_172SP.ini

RealityXP.GNS.Cessna_172SP_G1000.ini 

Then when either one is loaded, the proper config could be loaded, or default to the RealityXP.GNS.ini file if no .acf specific one, or not load at all if there is no default ini file.

That would support multiple A/C in the same folder and you could prevent the G1000 variant from even loading one by only having a RealityXP.GNS.Cessna_172SP.ini file.

Thanks for the consideration.

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately it wan't possible to consider this option in our just released v2.4.12 update. We'll see how/if we'll support such feature in the future.

Most aircraft don't have multiple variations like this though and I'd suggest you consider making a copy of the aircraft folder instead and then just leave a single .acf file in each.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 5/18/2019 at 8:51 AM, RXP said:

Most aircraft don't have multiple variations like this though and I'd suggest you consider making a copy of the aircraft folder instead and then just leave a single .acf file in each.

This is what he should do when having multiple variations.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |