SledDriver

4.5HF Suddenly I have no nosewheel ground steering in the F22

This worked fine before I'm not aware that I've changed anything.

But I simply cannot steer the F22 on the ground any more with the rudder control.

Google has turned up nothing applicable.

Is nose wheel/tail wheel steering activated?

Try pressing Shift+Q and see if you regain control. This is the default key command to unlock the tail wheel.

Posted (edited)

OK, I'll give that a go thanks, but my F22 doesn't have a tail wheel! 🤣

Edited by SledDriver

Check every device listed in the P3D controls GUI and make sure there isn't an axis on another controller also assigned to the rudder.  It's common to have P3D automatically assign axes if it sees a controller as "new"...especially with devices like gamepads that may have a mini-joystick or slider(s) on it.

Regards

Posted (edited)

Have the same issue. And I have a hardware steering tiller from Jetmax. I have controllers disabled in P3D and run everything through fsuipc (calibration and axis). The odd thing is, if I load the pmdg 747 from the scenario screen, I have nose wheel steering. 

Edited by B777ER

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the ideas.

Unfortunately it would appear this is a bug as last night I saved the end of my flight as a scenario when it had no nosewheel steering. Today, I just fired up the exact same scenario after only just resuming the computer from sleep ( it hasn't even been rebooted) and sim for the first time since last night and now I have perfect nosewheel steering again. I have changed absolutely nothing.

So whatever the fault is, it's intermittent - the worst sort, as they are hard to fault-find.

Edited by SledDriver