Curbkiller64

brakes stay applied when using rudder pedal brakes

When on a flight on FSX and I am taxiing and use my brakes on my rudder pedals the brake notification on the bottom left side stays applied.  I have to use my CTRL key and my period key to cancel the brakes. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. If so what did you do to correct the problem. It used to be that when I used my brakes on the rudder pedals the message about brakes being applied would go off after releasing the rudder pedal brakes. As of now it does not and I have to use the keys to cancel the brake being applied message. Any info on this would be a great help to me. Thanks for your info and help in resolving this issue.       Duane R.

Usually that's because your brake axes are reversed.  Initially, the brakes are off because they default to off initially, and until you make an input on the axis the brakes remain off.  Then when you first apply brakes you are actually progressively releasing them, and when you get off the pedals you end up with full brakes.

Go into the Controls menu and tick the "reverse" checkbox for your brake axis and see if that fixes it.

Regards

For what it's worth, this happens to me occasionally without me changing any brake settings.  I find depressing one of the brakes slightly and releasing it usually turns off the brakes on indicator.

However reading the original post Ctrl+. is for the parking brake, not the normal brakes.  I'm just throwing that out there.  Your situation is normal for people who have brand new pedals.  Consider calibrating those pedals first and then use the FSX settings for fine tuning.

I used to have this problem until I calibrated my toe brakes properly. I found that the minimum number should be zero, not a negative number, which was the mistake I made!