Riah069

Zoom in the cockpit

So i have been tinkering around with zoom in the cockpit. And have not really found a good angle to settle on. Ideally i would LOVE to use the wideview option, but using chaseplane cancels that out for its own inbuilt option. So what do you guys use?

I use a Acer X32 monitior at 2560x1440.

Mike Blazeley

Inter 8700k No over clocking 32GB Gskill 2400 Ram MSI GTX 1080Ti Win10 Pro Acer XB321HK Monitor

Heya Mike, 

Not sure what the issue is? I too use ChasePlane (with an Xbox controller - outstanding combination) with P3D on my ultra-wide 3440x1440 monitor with Wideview on without issue. 

As for "zoom", it generally use 0.60 but it depends on the aircraft. I like to be centered over the seat and high enough that the headrest is slightly below level line of sight. I then use Tilt to optimize instrument view. 

John Howell

Prepar3D V4.5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler 

18 hours ago, Howellerman said:

I too use ChasePlane (with an Xbox controller - outstanding combination)

Do you mean you use an Xbox controller as a separate controller?

So a yoke/joystick for controlling the aircraft and the Xbox controller to control your views?

If yes, how do you configure that?

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

4 hours ago, fwerff said:

Do you mean you use an Xbox controller as a separate controller?

So a yoke/joystick for controlling the aircraft and the Xbox controller to control your views?

If yes, how do you configure that?

Hi Frank, 

I have found Chaseplane to be an absolute joy to configure, and using the Xbox with my left hand to switch views, zoom, pan, etc, while leaving throttles and yoke to my right is great. Mine is a "Wired PC XBox Controller" since I have heard there are issues with wireless controllers and P3D.

Configuration is pretty straightforward, although I do have to warn you that when you first hook up the controller Windows will automatically load a bunch of "game" stuff that I subsequently deleted. As for specific programming you just go into Preferences -> Control Assignments and find the command that you wish to execute. The Chaseplane manual (page 68) has Xbox examples so that's a pretty good place to start.

Finally, I ended up gluing little pieces of rubber on the contact points of the controller and then placing it on another mouse pad. That keeps it from sliding around, and since the Xbox controller layout is so intuitive I rarely ever have to look at it in use.  

John Howell

Prepar3D V4.5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler 

Posted (edited)

I also use a game controller to control Chaseplane however I mounted mine to the center of my CH Products yoke.

May not look anywhere near "as real as it gets" but it sure is convenient because I can manipulate the joysticks with my thumbs while holding the yoke.

48007945027_af6313a18b_b.jpg...Lloyd

Edited by Noell
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 8700K@4.8GHz / Corsair H100i PRO/ Gigabyte Aorus 7 Gaming / 16 GB G.Skill DDR4 3200
500GB WD SSD (Win 10 Pro 64-bit) /
500GB Samsung 960 Pro (P3Dv4) / 240GB SanDisk SSD (P3D Misc.)
480GB SanDisk SSD (General Storage) / EVGA GTX1080/ Seasonic Platinum 850 watt