Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Merging SS 767 with QW 757 VC

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn9_UomRv8s

Yes, I know it is a Justflight 757 however, I am nearly certain it WILL work for the QW 757 and the Freeware 767 *.mdl.

Make sure you have followed every step precisely.

It should be in the linked video. 

By the way: DON'T put your 767 model into the QW. Instead, replace the QW Panel, Sound (Optional) and VC mdl file into the 767 Freeware. 

I hope it helped:)

Neel

I found a solution for the QW FSX/P3D 757 VC to merge it into the SSP 767.  In the QW 757 panel (either one, main or retro), simply disable the QualityWings Control Panel gauge in two places in the panel.cfg:

[WindowTitles] (Window10=QualityWings Control Panel), this is the first section of the panel.cfg

[Window.10] (gauge00=QWings757!FSX_757_Controlpanel,  0,0,203,487), this is almost directly in the middle of the panel.cfg

To disable, just put // in front of each of the two entries.  This references the QW 757 exterior model, and once I disabled it, the VC appears when merged with the SSP 767.  All the cockpit gauges and FMC seem to work just fine.  You don't need the QW Control panel for a merge into another aircraft since it is model-specific to its parent model (QW 757), and it wouldn't work in another aircraft anyways.

Good luck with your merge, and hope this helps.  I have enjoyed flying and painting the QW 757 immensely from FS9 to currently P3Dv4, and now I can use the panel for my various 767s.

:{)

On 6/11/2019 at 12:55 AM, MaDDogz said:

1) A google search brought me here. Too funny. Right??

2) I checked the link you posted. They were unsuccessful. All they did was get a 2D panel working. Not the VC.

Words can't describe how frustrating it is to do a google search that links me to a thread like this where someone says "Do a google search." How do you think I got here?

3) Why don't you do a google search on jumping to conclusions. Not that you need practice.

word not allowed you beat me to it... I was just about to post that I was wrong...

im only 2 years! Late. 

Luke Pype

image0.png

I have made one with pbr i've been working on for some time, only have the GEWL, PWWL, and GEF

i didnt edit any of the properties, just lined up the model, added pbr and bumpmaps and edited the contactpoints.

to anyone having trouble, the airplanes folder has to have qualitywings in the name, and all the model folders have to be called after the original ones, PW, PWWL, RR, etc.

Edited by sem

1 hour ago, sem said:

added pbr and bumpmaps

I've been merging these planes this weekend. I was 90% successful doing so. I started using the guide available at https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=171593. I was able to make all lights work (including VC flood), but I have yet to tune the AP (specially FLC mode, which is not working as in the 757). However, I couldn't find any spec or bump maps to add.How did you do so?

1 hour ago, sem said:

the airplanes folder has to have qualitywings in the name

Not needed. However, the merge must be in the same Simobjects folder where the QW757 is installed. This means no way to install using addon.xml.

1 hour ago, sem said:

and all the model folders have to be called after the original ones, PW, PWWL, RR, etc.

Confirmed needed. Failure to do so will result in blank displays. This is a problem for the 763 GE models: I had to use a folder for PW+RR and another one for GE. Since I use GSX, I had to duplicate them for allowing versions with or without L2 boarding. For the 762 should be easier (there are no 762 with RR engines AFAIK, so a single folder can be enough).

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

1 hour ago, Luis Hernandez said:

I couldn't find any spec or bump maps to add.How did you do so?

i made my own, i dont want to distribute it but if anyone shoots me a pm i can ''explain how to make it'' 😉

You've got a PM, @sem

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.