Jump to content

SCEL_Man

Problems with Tomatoshade on P3DV4.5

Recommended Posts

Good evening guys

I looked everywhere around the forum, but it seems to me I'm the only one having this problem 😕

So, I went from PTA to try Tomatoshade as it looked quite promising on the screenshots I saw. I followed the instructions, loaded up one of the presets that came with it, but now after I load up an scenery I only get a black screen and just the sound of the engines of my plane. 

I'm using P3DV4.5 and the last version of Tomatoshade, but I haven't installed the Hotfix for 4.5 and when I updated from 4.4, I just updated the Client. I don't know if that might be the issue. 

What else can I do? 😟

Thanks in advance guys

Share this post


Link to post

Probably the wrong person to answer this since I'm still on FSX but have you tried deleting the shaders and allowing P3D to re-build them?

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

Probably the wrong person to answer this since I'm still on FSX but have you tried deleting the shaders and allowing P3D to re-build them?

I have. Same results. Now I'll try restoring the original shaders with tomatoshade. 

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, so restoring the original shaders did the trick, but now I have no shaders at all, just the standard ones.

I think I'll try installing the hotfix to see if it fixes something

Share this post


Link to post

So, tried different shaders with tomatoshade, but without installing the hotfix. Still black screen 😞

Share this post


Link to post

I know that it can take a while for the new shaders to recompile. What you describe sounds like this is whats happening. Have you let it run for a bit to see if it comes good?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mdreyer said:

I know that it can take a while for the new shaders to recompile. What you describe sounds like this is whats happening. Have you let it run for a bit to see if it comes good?

Well, one of the times I tried, I took a nap and, an hour after I started, it was still a black screen 😑

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, SCEL_Man said:

Well, one of the times I tried, I took a nap and, an hour after I started, it was still a black screen 😑

Ah, well they definitely wouldn't take that long! 😉 I hope you get it sorted.

Share this post


Link to post

I think TS v 30 has specific shader tweaks for 4.5hf only, I would guess the problem is that you need to get P3d updated 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, kand said:

I think TS v 30 has specific shader tweaks for 4.5hf only, I would guess the problem is that you need to get P3d updated 

Makes sense. I think I'll also update the Content and Scenery.

Share this post


Link to post

There is a hint within Tomatoshade's own preset, that after installing the new shaders you must first start a flight in P3D with a night setting, clear weather and no AS active, in order to have correctly compiled shaders.

Have you tried that?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, meerkat said:

There is a hint within Tomatoshade's own preset, that after installing the new shaders you must first start a flight in P3D with a night setting, clear weather and no AS active, in order to have correctly compiled shaders.

Have you tried that?

Hi!

Just tried that. Same results. Even waited for like two hours 😣

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...