Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Heathrow arrival British Airways 747-200

Excellent shot Ed!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

LOL, my first of two Heathrow landings was way back in '84, on a TWA 747-200.  The funniest part about the whole flight, which I just loved, was when the British customs agent came on board to explain customs, the British, with a tinge of Scottish, accent was so thick I could not understand half of what was said.  It was then I realized that despite the shared language, the United Kingdom was a foreign country with the language of Elvish, tricky to understand, lol...

And I also say, you have not had an English date unless you've dated an English or Aussie of the opposite sex, as I have....  So rich in memory, so full of laughter, I was soulmates with two Aussie girls in spite of marrying a Mexican girl, you can have multiple soulmates when camaraderie makes one's memory of travel and hobbies feel like heaven....

John

Edited by John_Cillis

USA and UK - 3000 miles apart yet separated by a common language :biggrin:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Ed, I enjoyed the video as always and particularly the sunrise. Also, I'm always impressed about what a mighty plane the 747 is; saw a Kalitta 747 (-400) freighter just yesterday flying over my house at approach to LEJ.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

On 6/16/2019 at 10:02 PM, HaraldG said:

Ed, I enjoyed the video as always and particularly the sunrise. Also, I'm always impressed about what a mighty plane the 747 is; saw a Kalitta 747 (-400) freighter just yesterday flying over my house at approach to LEJ.

I should be using the POSKY 744 with the IFLY panel for this flight but the IFLY has a problem with my LHR. (maybe a navdata thing).

I remember (will never forget) meeting a Kalitta 742 captain who showed me around his cockpit. He could not wait to fly the 744. I must say after flying the IFLY 744 for a while I realise what an absolutely fantastic aircraft she is.

Unfortunately, I don't have the courage to fly this great, but big, plane. I have too much respect of it. I should start again with the 727, but stuck with the Tu-134...

(Biggest plane I flew with in real world was a A340 of former LAN Chile when they still flew it in 2006/07. It didn't feel like flying, rather like being in an interstellar spaceship. I never had any interest for sim-flying anything that has a sidestick instead of a yoke.)

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

On 6/19/2019 at 6:37 PM, HaraldG said:

Unfortunately, I don't have the courage to fly this great, but big, plane. I have too much respect of it. I should start again with the 727, but stuck with the Tu-134...

(Biggest plane I flew with in real world was a A340 of former LAN Chile when they still flew it in 2006/07. It didn't feel like flying, rather like being in an interstellar spaceship. I never had any interest for sim-flying anything that has a sidestick instead of a yoke.)

I'm back in the threeholers. Finally giving the PMDG MD-11 some action. Been flying her the last week and have found the systems a lot of fun. I'm going to give her a decent paint and then maybe show her off.

21 hours ago, NWATech said:

Love it Edna! Your the truck-tilt, touchdown master:wub:!

Hello Jay!, great to hear from you. Here is a sneak peak at my next adventure. First thing to fix is the stiff as a board PMDG gear suspension.🙄

fsscr031 (2)

• Like 1

**Splendid Shot**

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick