Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Exploring the unknown

The East African Rift Valley is a series of contiguous geographic trenches that runs from the Red Sea to Tanzania. A beautiful part of it is “Simien Mountains Nat. Park” (the red dot), located in Ethiopia with Mount Ras Dashan its highest elevation.

0a.jpg

The nearest airport is Gonder (the red dot again), southwest of it. Making such a trip in default P3D or XP11 is somewhat boring, as the scenery does in no way reflect reality. Luckily, this is a bit different with Ortho4XP

0b.jpg

Early in the morning in Gonder. A lonely tour bus can be spotted in the distance

1.jpg 

2.jpg 

3.jpg 

4.jpg 

5.jpg 

7.jpg 

9.jpg 

6.jpg 

10.jpg 

11.jpg

Thanks for viewing

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Nice set of screenshots and I love the iivery.  What aircraft is that, and where can you get it?  I love Bush aircraft in Xplane11....

John

• Like 1

These are great impressions of an area rarely seen as screenshots. Btw: Did the little Dornier really master the altitude?

Regards, Harald

• Like 1

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Nice screenshots. That's the beauty of ortho scenery. You can REALLY explore - seeing places and things you have never seen before.

• Like 1

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Lovely stuff Bernd. You've got me thinking now - which would take longer I wonder, flying from Cairo to the Cape in the Ju-52 or making the ortho tiles for the corridor to fly over?

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

18 hours ago, John_Cillis said:

Nice set of screenshots and I love the iivery.  What aircraft is that, and where can you get it?  I love Bush aircraft in Xplane11....

John

Many thanks, John. The aircraft is the Dornier Do 27 and freeware. Here is the link:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/45928-dornier-do27-xp11/

16 hours ago, HaraldG said:

These are great impressions of an area rarely seen as screenshots. Btw: Did the little Dornier really master the altitude?

Regards, Harald

Thanks a lot, Harald. Yes, she did, I left early in the morning, when it was cooler 😉

15 hours ago, turnandbank said:

Nice screenshots. That's the beauty of ortho scenery. You can REALLY explore - seeing places and things you have never seen before.

I agree Martin, ortho scenery is a terrific gift for XP11

6 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Lovely stuff Bernd. You've got me thinking now - which would take longer I wonder, flying from Cairo to the Cape in the Ju-52 or making the ortho tiles for the corridor to fly over?

Many thanks, Andy. I think the flight will take longer 😊

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Great pictures of this interesting region, Bernd, and, of course, excellent adaptation of Ortho scenery!

Also, love the Zebra livery of this Do27...a fitting and natural match here!