Sign in to follow this  
cepact

I'm worried about grainy clouds

Good gracious. No need to worry. This is just a baby and has not been in Alpha or Beta at this point that we know of. 

Rest and ignore what you might see at this point. These are just filler/teasers and don't mean anything.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

OMG... really?  I am really and truly gobsmacked.

How many frickin pixels do you have?  4k?  Even THAT amount won't eliminate fuzzy vs pixelated vs blah, blah whatever.  There are NOT enough pixels to render REAL.

• Like 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I'm worried because every known 3d cloud engine has the same issue, so if even MS couldn't fix it, this issue may not be solvable for ever

1 minute ago, cepact said:

I'm worried because every known 3d cloud engine has the same issue, so if even MS couldn't fix it, this issue may not be solvable for ever

Particle system should be able to do it with enough CPU and GPU horsepower behind it. Many, many horses.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

This is silly. Taking a 320p segment of a 4k image, blowing it up to full screen, and complaining about small artifacts.

Talk about missing the forest though the trees...the original screenshot shows an amazing advance in the state of the art, and THIS is what "we" choose to focus on?

• Like 2

I will take this over the 2D sprites of FSX/P3D any day of the week.

• Like 2

This is a useless conversation at this stage. 

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals