Sign in to follow this  
Thosdick48

Installing P3Dv4.5 on secondary HDD

I am looking for good sound advice.  I recently installed P3Dv4.5 on my Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD, because the Solid State Drive that came with my new pc has only 250GB of space.  Needless to say, it will be just a matter of time before I ran out of space after installing a mutlitude of planes, weather engines, Flight1 GTN Complete, and Aerosoft Airbuses.  When I first installed P3dv4.5 on my 2TB hdd, the installer did not create the LockheedMartin/P3dv4 path.  As a result of this omission, those folders do not exist.  This created a problem for me installing GTN Complete, because the installer was looking for the folder in which P3D resides.  Question.  Can I, after uninstalling P3Dv4.5, just create a folder on my 2TB hdd, and name it P3D?  Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Thom. 

I believe that the installation path is noted in the Windows Registry and that the GTN Complete installer would look there first..

Using Regedit,  find:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

there should be an AppPath value that points to the P3D installation folder.

IF that does not match where your Prepar3d exe is located, you can change the key, or as you were thinking, you can change the folder names on your harddrive.

No need to uninstall P3D.. :wink:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

This is also posted in the LM P3D forum... and I'd like to point out that the installer only installs to either the default path or the path you optionally point it to.  It does not add a LockheedMartin before the folder you point to.

Second point, the LockheedMartin parent folder is only found in the appdata and programdata areas and I am wondering if the OP is confused in thinking these should also be on his E: drive.  Regardless of where you install P3D, it will always have folders on the C:\ drive in the appdata and programdata areas and take up an additional 10 GB of space for the programdata cache.

Dan Downs KCRP