Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Las Vegas Fly Tampa elevation problem

All of a sudden, my Fly Tampa Las Vegas started showing large barricades throughout the airport and NOTHING I could do was able to correct the problem.  Here's what I tried:

• Ran configuration elevation program in FTX Central
  • Diabled KLAS in FTX Central elevation
  • Tried to eliminate this scenery in my Scenery Library in P3d, but it was greyed out and couldn't be removed.
  • Checked my Latin VFR folder in P3d and it isn't there.
  • Tried to uninstall the scenery but I can't find a way to do that. It isn't in my control panel list for removal.

Please tell me how I can remove this scenery so that I can try to reinstall it, OR help me to correct this problem some way.

Much appreciated.

Stan

Edited by spilok

50 minutes ago, spilok said:

All of a sudden, my Fly Tampa Las Vegas started showing large barricades throughout the airport and NOTHING I could do was able to correct the problem.  Here's what I tried:

• Ran configuration elevation program in FTX Central
  • Diabled KLAS in FTX Central elevation
  • Tried to eliminate this scenery in my Scenery Library in P3d, but it was greyed out and couldn't be removed.
  • Checked my Latin VFR folder in P3d and it isn't there.
  • Tried to uninstall the scenery but I can't find a way to do that. It isn't in my control panel list for removal.

Please tell me how I can remove this scenery so that I can try to reinstall it, OR help me to correct this problem some way.

Much appreciated.

Stan

Hi, Stan. You need to download the "Universal" installer from the Fly Tampa site.  FlyTampa_Universal_P3D_Setup , that's the name of the file. Maybe uninstall it first, not sure. But that's the file they recommend using for all of you purchases. When I last ran it, it showed everything that I have bought, and options to reinstall. Hope that works!

Take care,

Mike

I meant maybe uninstall KLAS first

Edited by simaddict
left something out

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

If there was a separate serial number for the Universal installer, I cannot find that!   However, I've emailed BIT Micro and gave them my serial number for Las Vegas, and told them of my problem.  Let's see if that helps.

Assuming there WAS a separate serial number for the Universal installer.

Stan

Hello:

This is from ORBX:

"

Hi all,

FSDreamTeam's KLAS McCarran International Airport, product page: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_klas.html

Update June 9th, 2017: with the release of FSDT's new version of KLAS there was an issue with my custom flatten file, cvx_FTX-SCA_FSDT-KLAS_compatibility.BGL. The updated version is attached to this post, all other changes/instructions remain as before. 

Also please note that FSDT has "{...} updated the Live Updater (which will update itself when started), to recognize that fix, so it won't remove the OrbX fix, and won't restore our original CVX file, if the OrbX fix is installed in the klas\scenery folder."; see http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15841.msg113806.html#msg113806

================

In order to achieve compatibility with SCA, some KLAS FSDT and SCA files need to be deactivated and a patch file added into the KLAS folder:

DEACTIVATE: (by renaming from .bgl to .bgl.off)

>>> in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery
FTX_SCA_objects_KLAS_PLC.bgl.OFF
ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl.OFF
ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS.bgl.OFF

>>> in \Scenery\World\Scenery
ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_elevation_adjustment.BGL.OFF

>>> in \fsdreamteam\KLAS\scenery
mesh_terrain.bgl.OFF
CVX_KLAS.BGL.OFF

ADD: (by extracting and moving the file attached below)

>>> in \fsdreamteam\KLAS\scenery
cvx_FTX-SCA_FSDT-KLAS_compatibility.BGL

The patch file will replace the KLAS flatten polygon with a version that smooths the edges of the "plateau" with the help of extensive sloped flattens.

Remaining minor issues:

* some of the SCA autogen is excluded by an unknown FSDT files in the NE corner

Cheers, Holger"

Unfortunately, I am an able to attached the file they ask you "ADD".  But it is on the ORBX forum titled "SCA compatibility with FSDreamTeam KLAS"

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Hi Holger. But He didn't say he had FSDT KLAS. I do, but I uninstalled it before installing FLY TAMPA KLAS, because I figured there would be issues and conflicts.

Thank,

Mike

AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

If you have ORBX SoCal installed, go into Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery and disable ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_elevation_adjustment.bgl by renaming it to ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_elevation_adjustment.off or something like that. I had elevation issues until I did that.

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

1 hour ago, spilok said:

If there was a separate serial number for the Universal installer, I cannot find that!   However, I've emailed BIT Micro and gave them my serial number for Las Vegas, and told them of my problem.  Let's see if that helps.

Assuming there WAS a separate serial number for the Universal installer.

Stan

Hi, Stan. I always save my emails that have serial numbers and activation keys numbers. Just log in to Fly Tampa's site, if you remember your login. if not, they will reactive you by email.

Mike.

AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

In your situation, maybe re-trying basic things could help even if the scenery worked once, here are the list of files to be removed/renamed to correct elevation issues : https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13178

PS : I don't remember at all providing a separate serial number FOR the universal installer. For the scenery Las Vegas, obviously yes.

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/uploads

10 hours ago, vbazillio said:

PS : I don't remember at all providing a separate serial number FOR the universal installer. For the scenery Las Vegas, obviously yes.

Same here... the universal installer is not licensed separately.

Dan Downs KCRP

10 hours ago, vbazillio said:

In your situation, maybe re-trying basic things could help even if the scenery worked once, here are the list of files to be removed/renamed to correct elevation issues : https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13178

I have tried all of the "OFF" suggestions from the FlyTampa site, and the Southern Cal ORBX scenery.  NONE of that has worked.  I have uninstalled the scenery and reinstalled it numerous times.

Unfortunately, I still have the big, grey walls when I go to KLAS Fly Tampa edition. I see there is a phone number for support on FlyTampa site. I will try to get an answer if possible from there.

If you have any other suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them.  Like I said before, this scenery worked great from the day I got it, but all of a sudden, this problem has occurred.

Stan

2 hours ago, spilok said:

I have tried all of the "OFF" suggestions from the FlyTampa site, and the Southern Cal ORBX scenery.  NONE of that has worked.  I have uninstalled the scenery and reinstalled it numerous times.

Unfortunately, I still have the big, grey walls when I go to KLAS Fly Tampa edition. I see there is a phone number for support on FlyTampa site. I will try to get an answer if possible from there.

If you have any other suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them.  Like I said before, this scenery worked great from the day I got it, but all of a sudden, this problem has occurred.

Stan

I was mistaken.  NO phone number for FlyTampa.  The phone number was for BMT Micro. And they don't talk to users of Fly Tampa software.

So, back to square one trying to figure out why I can't see wonderful Las Vegas like I did a few days ago.

Stan

I SOLVED THIS TERRIBLE ELEVATION ISSUE WITH FLYTAMPA LAS VEGAS!!!

Spending 2 days on this problem with all the gray walls in front of me in KLAS, uninstalling and reinstalling the scenery, putting in all the OFF commands, etc., I finally came upon THE solution.

I UNINSTALLED ORBX VECTOR....and then I REINSTALLED it!  Next, I did a configure in FTX by running an elevation configuration, and then moving KLAS to disable on the elevation configuration screen.

Finally I went to the Scenery/World Scenery folder and added OFF to the Southern California elevation file.  Reinstalling Vector produced a "twin file" of this elevation file.  I deleted the twin and put the "OFF" on the new file created with the Vector reinstall.

So, it seems that the VECTOR program had become corrupt somehow.  That's why nothing could correct the gray wall syndrome.  

Thanks for all your efforts, and I hope this helps someone else with this problem.

Stan

Always VECTOR issue with elevation......I have de-activated at least 6  or 7 so far....

Alex 

Uninstalling it and reinstalling Vector was the "key" to correcting this situation since Vector somehow must have gotten corrupted. Turning SoCal elevation to OFF was the 2nd part.

Stan