Sign in to follow this  
fta2017

LOWI's out! Hip, hip hooray!

Just had a quick fly around and it's absolutely stunning. Fantastic place to explore with the helicopter.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Looks freaking awesome, lets hope that is not as heavy on the FPS's like the TrueEarth UK...

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

TrueEarth UK isn't heavy on FPS 🙂

Especially with XP11. I'd hate to know what PC spec you have if you can't get TE GB running smoothly, even in London.

42 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

Especially with XP11. I'd hate to know what PC spec you have if you can't get TE GB running smoothly, even in London.

My specs are on my sig, for me it is, and im not the first to "complain" about it, of course also depends on the boy your flying and your settings, as for TrueEarth is a rather unique product there are nothing similar to compare, but with orthos and heavy airports i dont have any issues with performance.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Put some cars on the roads Orbix.....

r1aaa-L.png

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I already have the JustSim version.

Looking forward to read more about this one and how it compares to the one from JustSim.

Also read there's a 40% discount the first 2 weeks for those who already own Orbx Innsbruck for FSX/P3D.

Richard Åsberg

23 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Does it require v4 of their installer?

I asked that same question and no, it does not. I used V3 to install and it work just fine.

It looks very, very good. I bought at the 40% discount and it is the best 16 USD I've spent.

Edited by flyblueskies

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

But you do need an external installer to install it?

Since I moved over to X-Plane, I got used to not having to mess around with external installers and extra software just to get things installed and configured. I kind of like that and would be happy if I could get this airport scenery installed without having to install any extra stuff first.

But maybe that's the only way to get it installed?

Richard Åsberg

20 hours ago, fta2017 said:

For me, it's not heavy on FPS. I'm getting around 48 FPS using the Carenado Shrike. Looking at your computer specs, I think you'll be just fine.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

2 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

But you do need an external installer to install it?

Since I moved over to X-Plane, I got used to not having to mess around with external installers and extra software just to get things installed and configured. I kind of like that and would be happy if I could get this airport scenery installed without having to install any extra stuff first.

But maybe that's the only way to get it installed?

Pretty sure you'll need FTX Central to download and install the software. I'm still on V3 and had no problems using it.

The new Orbx Central is an absolute breeze to use and also allows you to create as many libraries locations as you want for your Orbx XP11 scenery. It does all the heavy lifting for you including the symlinks and you can even move libraries between different locations and drives.

It also uses a much much improved download system and decompression for TE regions. LOWI literally came down the pipe in about 5 minutes for me (but I have a big pipe here at work, lucky me!). I stored my CC details inside Central (encrypted) and it was a single click to buy and install LOWI.

I did not bother with scenery_pack.ini at all and just loaded a flight at LOWI and everything was A-OK.

If only other vendors made delivery systems like this. Just brilliant.

It all depends on who you you are and what you want.

Personally, I'm a bit torn. I do like automation but I also like to know exactly what is happening to my system.

Not having to wonder what files might have been replaced in the background without me knowing etc which I know from own experience was the case with some Orbx products back when I was running FSX and P3D.

Richard Åsberg