Sign in to follow this  
CF104

737 Upper panel Engine knobs

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Bill,Ok, I'll take a shot here, I'm no expert but as my name suggests, I fly on the E-3.Those are your engine start switches, as I understand they open the start valve and cause the ignitors to fire.GRD: Means Ground and you would use this setting when starting the engine on the ground.OFF: Means the start valve is closedCONT: Means continuous ignition, and the start switches are kept in this position during flight.FLT: I think you would use this setting to attempt an engine start in flight.Perhaps John, AKA Boeing_Fixer can add to this, from his posts I gather that he is really a technical expert on this kind of stuff.Jeff

GRD & CONT - Start, T/O & LDG / Select L or R eng. ignitor.FLT - Precip, Icing, & Turbulence / Uses both eng. ignitors.OFF - No Ignition, normal position in flt, no need for ignition since the fire is burning.

Hi Bill,A bit late in on this but here goes.GRDUsed for ground starts,- Opens Start Valve- Closes Engine Bleed Air Valve- Provides ignition to selected ignitors when start lever moved to IDLE.- Releases to OFF at starter cutout (approx 46% N2)OFF- Ignition OFFCONT (used for takeoff and landing and flight in turbulence and icing conditions with engine anti ice ON)- Provides ignition to selected ignitors with start lever in IDLEFLT (Used for air starts and relights)- Provides ignition to both ignitors with start lever in IDLE- Ignition select switch is bypassed in this settingHope this helps.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg