Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

Learjet ignition switches

So I have this checklist for the Lear that tells me the ignition switches are to be on for Takeoff and landing... but whenever I switch them on, they make this audible warning sound (or I assume that what it is). So my question is, am I not suppose to have them on? It seems my aircraft is trying to tell me to turn them off because of the noise. 

16 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

So I have this checklist for the Lear that tells me the ignition switches are to be on for Takeoff and landing... but whenever I switch them on, they make this audible warning sound (or I assume that what it is). So my question is, am I not suppose to have them on? It seems my aircraft is trying to tell me to turn them off because of the noise. 

That constant beeping is letting you know the igniters are on, and yes that is how the real aircraft works.

Link to my personal website where my work is shown.
https://eliamonater.wixsite.com/wickeddesigns

1 minute ago, Wickedbacon92 said:

That constant beeping is letting you know the igniters are on, and yes that is how the real aircraft works.

Really??? How annoying! But cool that it’s simulated! Hahaha

4 minutes ago, Wickedbacon92 said:

It is quite annoying, but very accurate. Lol.

I also noticed it takes a loooong time for the Lear to get off the ground lol the first time I took off after the update, I had to double check to make sure I hadn’t lost an engine. But if it’s all accurate or close to I’m all for it! 

38 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

It's not a beeping, exactly.

This is a Lear idiosyncrasy I decided to include with the new sounds. What you're actually hearing is RF interference from the ignitor capacitors bleeding through your "headset." They really aren't supposed to bleed through the headsets, but they do. So I figured it was one of the unique sounds that gives the airplane some character, so I added it!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

2 minutes ago, capceo said:

This is a Lear idiosyncrasy I decided to include with the new sounds. What you're actually hearing is RF interference from the ignitor capacitors bleeding through your "headset." They really aren't supposed to bleed through the headsets, but they do. So I figured it was one of the unique sounds that gives the airplane some character, so I added it!

That’s really cool you added that sound I love little things like that! I was just confused if it were a warning sound or not lol. But I’m very happy with the Lear so far. I can honestly say there isn’t anything at this time that I’d want added. Well, I really hope one day y’all will make it compatible with the RealityXP GNS 530, but otherwise I’m a happy customer.  

34 minutes ago, capceo said:

Any chance of getting the unique brake sounds added in a future update  ? Thanks ! 

WAT1460.png

24 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Any chance of getting the unique brake sounds added in a future update  ? Thanks ! 

I'm not going to say its a hard no, but its going to require a ton of coding. So its a maybe for now.

• Upvote 1

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

35 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Honestly I use Accu-Feel for the unique squeaks and rattles and it works like a dream with the Lear. You can make her sound pristine or like a bag of bolts whichever you prefer. It has a lot of movement features too which just adds to the immersion. Go check it out you might like it! 

The igniter sound, occurs in a lot of GA turbine aircraft, partucularly the PT-6 engines and I  believe the

TPE-331 fixed shaft engines as well.

It actually sounds pretty cool when you get to fly your first turbine powered aircraft IRL, that, and the ground fine (Beta) dentent "Twaaaang" sound on turboprops, as they say - "Chicks dig ground fine".

To be Honest, I wish it was implemented on a lot more Sim Aircraft.. I would love to see a nicely modded Carenado B1900D someday particularly the "tick, tick, tick" sound the igniters make during start up.

FAA ATP, CASA ATPL(A), MEIR, NVFR, Type Rated: A320, B747,B737, E120, B1900D/C KA350,

Multi Ratings: PA31-350, BE58, C310, PN68, PA44, BE76.

Checked out on: C210, R114, C206, PA28, C172, C152.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.3GHzMemory: 64MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, Multi Monitor.

9 hours ago, Deltaair1212 said:

Honestly I use Accu-Feel for the unique squeaks and rattles and it works like a dream with the Lear. You can make her sound pristine or like a bag of bolts whichever you prefer. It has a lot of movement features too which just adds to the immersion. Go check it out you might like it! 

Thanks for the recommendation 🙂 - The reason I said "unique" is because the Lear's brake sounds like a dog's squeaky toy.  https://freesound.org/people/Breviceps/sounds/468443/

WAT1460.png

Hi Folks,

Love the igniter sounds...

Does Accu-Feel emulate the "tunk tunk" sound of passing over seams in the taxiways - that's the most prevalent sound I hear when taxiing around...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

7 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Love the igniter sounds...

Does Accu-Feel emulate the "tunk tunk" sound of passing over seams in the taxiways - that's the most prevalent sound I hear when taxiing around...

Regards,

Scott

Sure does. Go to YouTube and look up accu-feel and there are a few videos on how the product works and interacts with your aircraft. 

• Like 2