Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

Spach screen stays on for 15-20 minutes before loaing

As the title states, it takes up to 20 minutes to start loading to the main screen where you pick you ac and location.  This started a few weeks ago.

Gnacino

pc specs?   

took only around 3-5seconds on my system with ssd

maybe it's your pc👍

This is the sign that your scenery.cfg file is not in good shape, wrong priorities or wrong xml links.

In order to identify the culprit(s) you have several ways, starting with the easiest, download the Lorby freeware P4AO on AVSIM and see if any of your scenery comes with a red or pink tag, if so, rectify the path until it becomes green, then you should be OK.

In case this does not resolve your problem, would you remember what change you made to your sim (new scenery add-on or ORBX Central for example) when this problem started? If so, de-activate the last scenery add-on (either within P3D scenery or Lorby P4AO) and start your sim, if it loads OK, then I would recommend to uninstall that latest scenery and re-install it, something probably went wrong during the initial installation. 

If you installed ORBX Central 4 and migrated your ORBX products, my advice would be to revert to FTX Central 3. It is well documented that the new ORBX Central 4 has created this problem that you describe for many simmers who followed the initial recommandation of ORBX to migrate their products.

If none of the above helps, are you able to post your scenery P3D listing, so that we can help you with the priorities?

As a good practice for the future, make a back-up of your scenery.cfg file, it will help you to recover immediately in similar cases.

• Like 1

I would also delete the P3D config file and let it build a new one when you restart the sim, this will set you back to default setting. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

as the title does not state

Edited by jhaley
  • Upvote 1

On 8/28/2019 at 3:20 AM, rjfry said:

I would also delete the P3D config file and let it build a new one when you restart the sim, this will set you back to default setting. 

Where is the P3D cfg?

Gnacino

38 minutes ago, Gnacino said:

Where is the P3D cfg?

Gnacino

Hi Gnacino,

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► [userid] ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Prepar3D.cfg 

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Did you installed any AI traffic (AIG, MAIW, etc.) in the last couple of weeks? What you describe sounds a lot like the typical loading time increase one will face after installing AI traffic to the sim.

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think the before mention items will fix your problem, if not another thing you can do is in the Prepar3d folder there is a file called "Delete generated files" double click that and it will probably take care of the issue. But you WILL loose any programmed controller buttons.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+