Recommended Posts

Hi,

I bought the GTN750 for Flight Sim yesterday. I installed the program + Garmin Trainer. When I open the configurator in FS9 (by right clicking on the screen) my FS shuts down without any warning what so ever.

I'm not sure if this helps, but  rxpGTN_menu.dll says

"19/09/10 22:34:48.390 04436 -    ] # rxpGTN_menu.dll version 2.5.19.0
19/09/10 22:34:48.396 04436 ERROR] can't create D3D Device."

 

Can someone please help?

 

Sincerely, Mads

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

This indicates there is a problem with the DirectX 9 installation 'somehow'.

What operating system are you running FS9 on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you running any 3rd party post-processing product like 'reshade'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jean-Luc,

I was totally unaware that the reality GTN750/650 combo was available for FS9. I even visited your site just now and cannot find it listed. 

I also seem to recall researching this when your product came out and was advised it was for FSX P3D and XPlane (two separate products.)

Regards

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jean Luc,

I stand corrected mate. I just went back in and scrutinised the site with an intense scrute and found it.

I apologise

Regards

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RXP said:

Are you running any 3rd party post-processing product like 'reshade'?

I'm using sweetFX and ENBseries, but that's about it 🤔 Can that be a problem? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@himmelhorse yes both the GNS V2 and the GTN run on nearly all known FltSim and X-Plane versions since their first version. And more to this: they offer the same level of user experience, configuration options and 32 bits graphics in all these plate-forms. There is no more complete solution than ours!

@MadsHjemmen Yes this is the problem most likely. These programs are interposing between the application (FS9.1) and the video card and they are intercepting all calls to the video card. The issue is that they don't known how to deal with child windows like our settings window which is also using the video card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RXP said:

@himmelhorse yes both the GNS V2 and the GTN run on nearly all known FltSim and X-Plane versions since their first version. And more to this: they offer the same level of user experience, configuration options and 32 bits graphics in all these plate-forms. There is no more complete solution than ours!

@MadsHjemmen Yes this is the problem most likely. These programs are interposing between the application (FS9.1) and the video card and they are intercepting all calls to the video card. The issue is that they don't known how to deal with child windows like our settings window which is also using the video card.

Hm, interesting! I will remove FX and ENB and see og that works. Do you think I can install the FX and ENB after installing GTN in an aircraft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue is not related to installing or running the GTN. 

These 'post processing' tools actually alter the link between the application (and therefore all its loaded modules/gauges) and the underlying video card driver. It appears they just fail with our settings window which is a standalone Windows window. We're yet to find out any particular 'config' option in these tools which may help because we simply didn't have time to experiment yet. There might be a config setting which allows such child windows to be fine though and you might want to look into these tools documentation/forums?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition, when using SweetFx, if I'm not mistaken you copy the "d3d9.dll" and "d3d9.fx" files into the FS9 folder, and when you run FS9 the replacement DLLs will create and write into a "log.log" file in the same folder.

Can you please post the content of this log.log file created during a session where you open the GTN Panel Configuration Assistant and after the game crash?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RXP said:

In addition, when using SweetFx, if I'm not mistaken you copy the "d3d9.dll" and "d3d9.fx" files into the FS9 folder, and when you run FS9 the replacement DLLs will create and write into a "log.log" file in the same folder.

Can you please post the content of this log.log file created during a session where you open the GTN Panel Configuration Assistant and after the game crash?

I just removed both ENB and SweetFx and all the corresponding DDL, and the installation of GTN works great!!! 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MadsHjemmen said:

and the installation of GTN works great!!!

I'm glad you've sorted this one out!

Nevertheless, I'd greatly appreciate the log.log file because we're wrapping up a release update and if there is a simple 'workaround' we could implement by looking at the log file, this is the best time to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, RXP said:

I'm glad you've sorted this one out!

Nevertheless, I'd greatly appreciate the log.log file because we're wrapping up a release update and if there is a simple 'workaround' we could implement by looking at the log file, this is the best time to do so.

The log looks like this

 

full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment
unable to create depthStencilSurface (hr=-2005530516)
redirecting device->Reset
 

Does this help?

One more question, how can I change the backlight in the GTN more than the 100% in the gauge? 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the additional details.

In the meantime we've tried SweetFx with Direct3D debug active and you won't believe the mess this is... I strongly discourage anyone to use it.

We've also further tried to understand what is happening under the hood and this is indeed messing up with our own plugin/add-on where it shouldn't, because it is really intercepting the driver dll deep behind us.

Nevertheless this has led us to try out a technique to workaround this and so far so good in our lab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RXP said:

Thank you for the additional details.

In the meantime we've tried SweetFx with Direct3D debug active and you won't believe the mess this is... I strongly discourage anyone to use it.

We've also further tried to understand what is happening under the hood and this is indeed messing up with our own plugin/add-on where it shouldn't, because it is really intercepting the driver dll deep behind us.

Nevertheless this has led us to try out a technique to workaround this and so far so good in our lab.

Glad to help! Do you know of any other type of post processing I can try, or will every kind give me trouble?

 

And what about the light settings in the unit? It feels a little dark🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm pretty sure all post-processing tools will cause the same issue per past reports in this forum. However once we publish the update it should be ok.

As for the 'lighting', you might want to post a screenshot because I'm not sure to understand the issue. You might want to read the dedicated discussion as well:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now