bravoboy37

GSX Level 2 for GA

Recommended Posts

Curious to know if GSX Level 2 pax work with biz jets or other GA?  I have not found anything that leads me to believe it does. Just thought I would ask here.  Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It depends on what kind of services you are expecting from GSX I guess. You can always setup your aircraft the way you want GSX to interact with it.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

It depends on what kind of services you are expecting from GSX I guess. You can always setup your aircraft the way you want GSX to interact with it.

Although I went through the manual (and very likely I may have missed something), I can never get the fuel load to work correctly with GA. Even though the GSX load-fuel appears, it never loads fuel as per selected option. But as I said, could be user-error.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm pretty sure you need single point for it to display as expected, overwing fueling afaik isn't modeled.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, bravoboy37 said:

Curious to know if GSX Level 2 pax work with biz jets or other GA?  I have not found anything that leads me to believe it does. Just thought I would ask here.  Thanks!

I believe GSX was designed for larger aircrafts, not really for GA. GA aircraft works very differently from an airliner, and GSX was designed with using an airliner in mind. Such as catering, GA aircraft doesn't really have any kind of catering, and same for the fuel truck. Lot's of small airports have pumps and you just pump in fuel unlike airliners where they need a fuel truck to roll up to the ramp. The only thing GSX does perfectly with GA aircraft is using the marshal for parking, and the pushback. Everything else is a little finicky with GA aircrafts. For business aircrafts, its's a little different but it depends on the aircraft type.

Edited by arwasairl

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, arwasairl said:

I believe GSX was designed for larger aircrafts, not really for GA. GA aircraft works very differently from an airliner, and GSX was designed with using an airliner in mind. Such as catering, GA aircraft doesn't really have any kind of catering, and same for the fuel truck. Lot's of small airports have pumps and you just pump in fuel unlike airliners where they need a fuel truck to roll up to the ramp. The only thing GSX does perfectly with GA aircraft is using the marshal for parking, and the pushback. Everything else is a little finicky with GA aircrafts. For business aircrafts, its's a little different but it depends on the aircraft type.

Tried  this  myself  loaded  my  real  air  duke  at ymmb  ramp   requested  boarding   small bus  arrived   loaded  pilots aboard  another  small bus  arrive  loaded  4  passengers   (although   you didn't  see  them  walking  to the plane)  requested  a  fuel truck  it  arrived  ask  me  how  much fuel I wanted,  selected  my option full load   it  filled  and left  with no issues.   

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, tamsini said:

Although I went through the manual (and very likely I may have missed something), I can never get the fuel load to work correctly with GA. Even though the GSX load-fuel appears, it never loads fuel as per selected option. But as I said, could be user-error.

it  worked  with  me  using the  real  air duke,  which  aircraft  were  you  using  so I  can  try it  to see if  I  get the  same  issue  as  you.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

it  worked  with  me  using the  real  air duke,  which  aircraft  were  you  using  so I  can  try it  to see if  I  get the  same  issue  as  you.

Thanks Pete for the suggestion - that's a great idea. I will come back to you tomorrow when I fire up P3D. 

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

requested  boarding   small bus  arrived   loaded  pilots aboard  another  small bus  arrive  loaded  passengers   (although   you didn't  see  them  walking  to the plane) 

Thank you Pete. This is what I was wondering.  If the passengers(pax) show up and board the aircraft, like they do with commercial aircraft.  I primarily fly the
Xtreme Prototypes GLJ Model 25.  Anyone use this aircraft with GSX Level 2?

Edited by bravoboy37

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, bravoboy37 said:

Thank you Pete. This is what I was wondering.  If the passengers(pax) show up and board the aircraft, like they do with commercial aircraft.  I primarily fly the
Xtreme Prototypes GLJ Model 25.  Anyone use this aircraft with GSX Level 2?

no  you  don't  see  the  passengers since  you need  a jet way  or  aircraft  stairs  for  you  to see  the passenegers,  other than  this   you will  get  a  small bus  etc  for  catering  and  passengers iam using  gsx l2, I havnt  got  the plane  as  you has  said  but  if  it  uses  a  jetway  and  aircraft  stairs  you will see  passengers  walking

Edited by pete_auau

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

no  you  don't  see  the  passengers since  you need  a jet way  or  aircraft  stairs  for  you  to see  the passenegers

Thank you sir!  That confirmed it.

Share this post


Link to post

Same with requesting a fuel truck, 

2 hours ago, pete_auau said:

requested  a  fuel truck  it  arrived  ask  me  how  much fuel I wanted,  selected  my option full load   it  filled  and left  with no issues.

But did you see any animation of the fueling or was it that the truck drove up, asked you how much fuel you wanted and it pretty much instantly drives away.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Same with requesting a fuel truck, 

But did you see any animation of the fueling or was it that the truck drove up, asked you how much fuel you wanted and it pretty much instantly drives away.

the  truck  drove up  and  gave  me  7  options  of  fuel,   I  selected  the  fuel   option   to  fill up  the  fuel  truck  stayed   whilst  I watched  the  fuel  tanks  being  filled,  once  filled  the   fuel  truck  left,   you also  see  the fuel being  loaded  on top  of  your  screen as well   there is  no  connection of  hoses   to the  aircraft

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now