Sign in to follow this  
fabio2111

Disable default tug vehicles

Hi to the UGCX Team,

First of all, congratulations for a great and very well supported tool, I am really impressed!

My question is: how can I disable the default FSX-SE tug vehicles? Alternatively, do you plan to include as an option in UGCX settings (similarly to what REX Worldwide Airports does - with some bugs - for GSX tug vehicles)? It is very annoying to see the marshal sitting in the middle of the default tug or the UGCX tug mashed-up with it. Of course one solution would be to remove all airport traffic but this is not an option for me (I like to have some anination around).

Thanks and regards,

Fabio

Hey fabio2111,

First of all thanks!, there are new things we would like to add to it, but we are first checking if the new version will keep stable.

The UGCX installer should have removed the default FSX default tugs from the airports. Something may went wrong during setup. There is a external tool that patches a FSX/P3D file that hides the default tug. I will check that tool to see what went wrong, meanwhile, could you post your FSX (SE) main directory path? and the appdata path too?, so we can compare and analyze what went wrong.

Cheers,

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Hi Manuel,

Here are the two paths you requested:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

and

C:\Users\Fabio\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Best regards,

Fabio

To complement my answer: I have REX Worldwide airport installed and the software, as you probably know, updates airport vehicles with new textures. I wonder if this is causing some conflicting issues with UGCX.

Thank you again for lookin into this.

Fabio

6 hours ago, fabio2111 said:

To complement my answer: I have REX Worldwide airport installed and the software, as you probably know, updates airport vehicles with new textures. I wonder if this is causing some conflicting issues with UGCX.

I think that the cause of the issue is pointing in this direction. Our setup patches this file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Scenery\Global\vehicles_airport.bgl

If REX updates that file after UGCX installation, then it might be the source of the problem, and might need our external application to patch it again.

Cheers,

spacer.png

or ..... C:\Program Files (x86)\ might be a problem (write access?)
Still surprised so many people keep installing in C:\Program Files (x86)\ 😲

Cheers,
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

28 minutes ago, seahorse said:

Cheers,
Luc

Possible... and you're right, users should never install into Program Files...  that's just inviting write permission headaches.

28 minutes ago, seahorse said:

Cheers,
Luc

Possible... and you're right, users should never install into Program Files...  that's just inviting write permission headaches.