Sign in to follow this  
jaytee73

aircrafts in MS 2020

Well since general aviation is a type of operation not a type of aircraft, I suppose it's correct that it's 100% GA depending on how you use them.

Brian W

KPAE

5 hours ago, BrianW said:

Well since general aviation is a type of operation not a type of aircraft, I suppose it's correct that it's 100% GA depending on how you use them.

General aviation is the name or term given to all civil aviation "aircraft operation other than a commercial air transport or an aerial work operation".

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It'll take years for many third parties to catchup and that is provided the SDK is pretty great off the bat and how Microsoft intends to market.

You've only got to look at P3D and the time it's taken to get to the level of available aircraft it has, plus a good proportion of AC already existed in FSX format.

I think peoples' expectations are too high for what will essentually be initally an early access type of release.

Granted with such high level default scenery future prospects are good, but there is also performance to consider, won't really know till it's out.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

General aviation is the name or term given to all civil aviation "aircraft operation other than a commercial air transport or an aerial work operation".

Isn't that what I said?

Regardless, my point is that the same aircraft could be classified differently based on how it's operated.  So there's really no such thing as a GA aircraft, I know it has become a simmer colloquialism for anything other than an airliner, or warplane and was I just poking fun at that.

Brian W

KPAE

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:03 PM, BrianW said:

So there's really no such thing as a GA aircraft, I know it has become a simmer colloquialism for anything other than an airliner, or warplane and was I just poking fun at that.

Odd then that the term is defined by both the International Civil Aviation Organization and the FAA...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_aviation

The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) defines civil aviation aircraft operations in three categories: General Aviation (GA), Aerial Work (AW) and Commercial Air Transport (CAT).[2][3] The International Council of Aircraft Owner and Pilot Associations (IAOPA) includes the following definitions for General Aviation aircraft activities:[3]

• Corporate Aviation: Company own-use flight operations
  • Fractional Ownership Operations: aircraft operated by a specialized company on behalf of two or more co-owners
  • Business Aviation (or Travel): self-flown for business purposes
  • Personal/Private Travel: travel for personal reasons/personal transport
  • Air Tourism: self-flown incoming/outgoing tourism
  • Recreational Flying: powered/powerless leisure flying activities
  • Air Sports: Aerobatics, Air Races, Competitions, Rallies etc.

The majority of the world's air traffic falls into the category of general aviation, and most of the world's airports serve GA exclusively.[4]

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 hours ago, n4gix said:

aircraft operations

4 hours ago, n4gix said:

aircraft activities

These are the key words.  General Aviation is a type of operation.

As an example Kenmore Air uses DHC-2, DHC-3T, and C208 aircraft for scheduled airline service which isn't GA.  They also offer the same aircraft types for charter which is defined as GA.  Same exact aircraft and operator but different operations.  There is no definition of a GA Aircraft other than how it's used.  So saying "I only fly GA aircraft", or "they only included GA aircraft" is technically wrong, but saying "I only fly GA" could be correct depending on the context.   

Brian W

KPAE

I would reckon that they might decide to include a 777 or 787 over the 747, as it isn't used as much these days.

Albeit, I would still like to see em all 😉