Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Most wanted in P3D V....

POLL: Most wanted in P3D V"X"  

187 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose just 1 topic from the list below which you wanted to be the first "updated" in P3D, which one would that be?

• Atmospheric behaviour (comparable to MSFS 2020 seen footage). Incl. Sky textures, Sun, moon, Light, Shadows, Clouds, Scattering, Fog, Rain, Snow, etc.
    • Updated Scenery (comparable to MSFS 2020 or even "just" Ortho4XP output). incl. Landclass, Mesh, Landmarks, Accurate Buildings, Roads, Railways, Lightning (Road and Buildings)
    • Flight dynamic behaviour
    • Updated Water to more realistic water incl. waves, colours, scattering, depth, etc.
    • Nothing from above interests me, I want somwething else....(which would at this moment only be possible to wright in some posts below)

On 10/20/2019 at 1:36 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

I guess we disagree ... threads have to be instantiated and that which instantiates much manager, hence C++ thread manager class.

A bit of a simplification, they probably use a library or c++ ThreadPool rather than direct thread creation and join (which is trivial).. anyway, kind of off topic, the engine could use multi cores much better, I hope for a big improvement in v5. 

On 10/20/2019 at 1:36 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Dawn/Dusk doesn't impact my FPS, that will only happen if you either run out of VRAM or you're using some additional shadow tweaks via manual changes to the prepar3d.cfg.

Interesting, I do not use any tweaks other than extending tree draw distance (for night lights) but I am using TomatoShade so will do some more testing. 

Dawn dusk performance seems to be a fairly common issue online.

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I'm using PTA but no issues at dawn/dusk with no shadow tweaks ... shader modifications can potentially impact performance.

The latest Windows 10 builds and P3D V4.5 HF2 have been extremely good with performance ... my hunch is one of the MS OS updates (build 10.0.18362.387) fixed an issue that seems to have really helped out P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

Cool, I guess it is time to finally man up and bite the bullet on installing HF2 😬

Incidentally, how did you lock your frame rate to 30FPS but still use Unlimited?

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

On 10/23/2019 at 3:31 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Monitor at 30Hz, Vsync On.

Cheers, Rob.

Full rgb mode???

On 10/23/2019 at 9:31 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

Didn't you suggest in one of your former videos not to use "unlimited" VSync @ 30 Hz because of disappearing autogen?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hello, 

Improved ATC control, improved airport ground control

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

On 10/23/2019 at 6:42 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

I'm using PTA but no issues at dawn/dusk with no shadow tweaks ... shader modifications can potentially impact performance.

On 10/23/2019 at 8:31 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

Maybe because I am using HDMI + TV but that does not limit my P3D frame rate to 30 even when I set display adapter to 30Hz sadly.

I can confirm the Cloud Shadow Dawn Dusk bug is P3D and not tweak or custom shader related. I let P3D rebuild Prepar3D.cfg, no tweaks, cleared shaders, no Addons, no scenery, all minimum GFX settings except Cloud Shadows ON, god its fugly, CPU between 5/12% flying a Cessna across Chicago Westwards locked at 60s FPS but could probably do 200s FPS+

Change time to Dusk and the framerate dies to 10FPS with 100% GPU on 2080TI and min GFX. Rotate view away from the sun and its is back to 60FPS, GPU load reduces.

LM if you are reading, please fix this bug in V5! I love flying at Dawn Dusk but its unusable with Cloud shadows, I now have tp have a SimStarter config just for Dawn Dusk flights 🤦‍♂️