Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Most wanted in P3D V....

POLL: Most wanted in P3D V"X"  

187 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose just 1 topic from the list below which you wanted to be the first "updated" in P3D, which one would that be?

• Atmospheric behaviour (comparable to MSFS 2020 seen footage). Incl. Sky textures, Sun, moon, Light, Shadows, Clouds, Scattering, Fog, Rain, Snow, etc.
    • Updated Scenery (comparable to MSFS 2020 or even "just" Ortho4XP output). incl. Landclass, Mesh, Landmarks, Accurate Buildings, Roads, Railways, Lightning (Road and Buildings)
    • Flight dynamic behaviour
    • Updated Water to more realistic water incl. waves, colours, scattering, depth, etc.
    • Nothing from above interests me, I want somwething else....(which would at this moment only be possible to wright in some posts below)

Flight physics is also my #1.

Bascially you can align an aircraft on the ILS 10 NM out and just watch it fly a straight line to the runway. That's a bit boring at times.

6 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I'd like to see flight physics improved more than anything ... one of many books I'm currently reading and find really interesting:

I love the visuals in MSFS, but for P3D Vx flight physics is #1 on my list followed by weather #2 but I guess both are key since weather feeds the physics.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob -- for many years this was the 'bible' in flight -- https://www.amazon.com/Stick-Rudder-Explanation-Art-Flying/dp/0070362408

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

48 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Bascially you can align an aircraft on the ILS 10 NM out and just watch it fly a straight line to the runway. That's a bit boring at times.

Are you talkng about flying on Rails? If so, you know it doesnt have to be like that. This is probably the 3rd time in the last couple of weeks I've heard that complaint. I

would give Ezca V3 a go..It will bring your plane back to life..I could not endure P3d without using this. I have seen  some recent videos and those planes are  fllying like they are on a greased rail.It is really painful to watch them and wonder why this aspect of p3d on rails is so etched in stone!..it seems to be a manifestation of ignorance.

I feel almost obligated to comment here since the "rails comment" is so misleading..and doesnt have to be that way.

Rick

• Upvote 1

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

59 minutes ago, rickgo said:

Are you talkng about flying on Rails? If so, you know it doesnt have to be like that. This is probably the 3rd time in the last couple of weeks I've heard that complaint. I

would give Ezca V3 a go..It will bring your plane back to life..I could not endure P3d without using this. I have seen  some recent videos and those planes are  fllying like they are on a greased rail.It is really painful to watch them and wonder why this aspect of p3d on rails is so etched in stone!..it seems to be a manifestation of ignorance.

I feel almost obligated to comment here since the "rails comment" is so misleading..and doesnt have to be that way.

Rick

Are some people really complaining that their $5000 PC is not delivering what a $15 million Real life flight simulator can?

Really???????

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

On 10/16/2019 at 4:10 PM, Avidean said:

I don't think that it will take years for MSFS 2020 to catch up with P3D. I don't think the stuff that now works in Prepar3D will take anything like as much work to adapt to MSFS 2020 as starting from scratch would. Out of the box MSFS 2020 will have far better scenery and atmosphere than Prepar3D V4. Much of what is currently available for FSX P3D I believe will be portable to MSFS 2020. Aircraft, Airports. Much of the other stuff we use will become redundant. e.g. weather engines, camera addons, shader tweakers etc. I cannot see myself giving up Prepar3d or X-Plane and who knows what P3DV5 and XP12 will be like. I wouldn't be surprised if we see P3D V5 fairly soon. I don't think the MSFS 2020 is as far removed from FSX as one might think. So no I don't think we are looking at years here. It is clear that MSFS will have a legacy mode. So that's a dead give away that current addon aircraft will work in it. First thing I am going to do when I get my hands on it is dust off my FSX NGX and my FSX A2A C172 and see if I can't show horn them in there.😝🤣😎

The one thing that I would like to see from Prepar3D V5 is far better performance. 60+fps on the same settings that I currently get 30+fps. But that ain't going to happen!

I know the chance of my proposal happening is very unlikely but, in an effort to counter act to effects of what MFS will have on the user base of P3D, would it not be better in the long term for LM to offer a free upgrade to V5 for V4 users, we keep on hearing that us enthusiasts are not important financially to LM, if they done this they'd guarantee that the user base would continue on using P3D long into the future at this critical time.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Building in better multicore support has to happen for all those other things to happen, so that's what I want.

4 hours ago, swiesma said:

Doesn't have to be like that in P3D now.

3 hours ago, rickgo said:

Are you talkng about flying on Rails? If so, you know it doesnt have to be like that.
[...]

Correct.  I haven't used EZCA, but I do have ChasePlane, A2A's Accu-Feel and also bought RealTurb summer destinations to use in combination with Active Sky.

I definitely cannot align an approach on the ILS 10 miles out, let go and just watch my aeroplane land on the numbers, especially if the runway is anywhere near terrain.

Now, if only I could have done the same without needing so many add-ons...

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 10/17/2019 at 3:26 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

I'd like to see flight physics improved more than anything ... one of many books I'm currently reading and find really interesting:

I love the visuals in MSFS, but for P3D Vx flight physics is #1 on my list followed by weather #2 but I guess both are key since weather feeds the physics.

Cheers, Rob.

Exactly Rob !

Edited by Jim Young
Removed excessive quote.

Carsten U

8 hours ago, swiesma said:

My P3D doesn't do that, for sure!  After a long tiring flight, sometimes I /wish/ I could line it up and forget it.  Usually my aircraft is moving around from turbulence and bumps, unless I get some unusually calm air.   I can even do my approach in Canada in the winter, and it looks like Canada in the winter.  :)

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Although already mentioned, ATC, I would like to see an overhaul of the default ATC.  Commercial programs, like ProATC-X, are not aircraft/airport friendly in most cases.  Sometimes requires flight plans in a certain format.  Just a lot of different issues.  If P3D is going to have an ATC program, they need to make it better and get off of making more autogen, making add-ons compatible, etc.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 10/17/2019 at 1:47 AM, Jean-Claude said:

ATC is for me a major priority in future P3D version(s), all ATC add-ons available on the market are certainly helpful, but honestly nowhere near the recording and montage quality of the original which should be updated and improved.

I can bare the Reality/F1 GPS but, I agree that the in sim ATC is the major factor for me now in flying but yet in P3D it's a pre-Internet Commodore 64 port from 20 years ago.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

On 10/17/2019 at 5:37 AM, IanHarrison said:

DellyPilot

Work with ORBX to make True Earth actually work, it doesn't.

How does it "not work"? Mine is excellent.

Ok I dont want to derail this thread but actually the performance problems with TE GB South are intrinsic to the deep problems with the rendering and scenery engine.

At a very high level Orbx simply ported their Xplane 11 models to P3D, providing only 2 levels of scenery complexity, EXTREME or SPARSE. They felt it would be too laborious to provide the 6 levels of detail.

The long and short of that is that flying anywhere near London with what most consider normal settings (complex AC, 3 airports, Cloud, Shadows, Dynamic Lighting etc.) isnt possible even on a 2080TI 5.3ghz top end machine like mine.

After weeks of tuning, I found that disabling Hyper Threading due to the poor multi threading implementation and total reliance on Core 0 performance + a few other tweaks lets me run at medium settings ~ 25fps.

It is impressive at 4k to see 10s of thousands of buildings rendered but its just silly, this is not what you can see in real life (20m max vis) and the pipeline is very badly optimised because those buildings are not PBR so they arent lit correctly nor can the engine cope with any shadows without the CPU blowing up. This isnt split across the cores, it all seems to runs on 1 Core. If I buy one of those crazy AMD 64 core Server CPUs the engine should scale up performance but it wont.

It also feels like all buildings are being rendered even when visibility is reduced (poor viewport culling) right down.

FS2020 and Xplane have just masssively better graphics pipelines that can cope with scenery chucked at the engine in a more scalable way that allows for proper lighting and on demand loading in of detail.

In Xplane the exact same scenery works much better because of how the secenery engine and scheduler works.

The day that FS2020 video dropped it became crystal clear why TEGB is so poorly ported and optimised for P3D.

ORBX are shifting efforts away from P3D towards XPlane and now FS2020, oh sure for the next year or so they will continue to badly port Xplane scenery for us and rake in that vital P3D money but both LM and ORBX know the clock is now ticking. P3D is the 3rd sim in town now.

Edited by DellyPilot
Spelling

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

Quote from John Venema on the ORBx forum......

"Aiming for before xmas or earlier for the remainder of the TE GB series for P3D, including a complete rebuild of South for major performance improvements.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Quote from John Venema on the ORBx forum......

"Aiming for before xmas or earlier for the remainder of the TE GB series for P3D, including a complete rebuild of South for major performance improvements.

Well that would be brilliant in fairness to them and its what I was pushing for before they banned me for claiming they were ditching P3D!

Lets wait and see because we heard all this on the first peformance patch but it sounds promising. 

I still think the points remain valid and this creaking old engine is now the 3rd wheel.

Its basic economics that ORBX will have to prioritise their efforts.

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

I hope that those "performance improvements" also include "visual improvements" for those custom 3D buildings. In their current form, they are not all that convincing. Of course, I do not see them at the moment because I have had to disable all of the 3DM files for performance reasons (London was a 4fps slideshow), but TrueEarth GB South still looks good with just the autogen files and custom 3D landmarks enabled. I also have Aerosoft VFR London X working with it (just about), although that does not include the latest London buildings like The Shard or The Gherkin.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png