Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Are you checking email more frequently now?

Are you checking email more frequently now?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Between Thursday, October 17, and Thursday, October 24, Microsoft is sending out email notification to those who'll receive the first pre-alpha build of MSFS 2020. Are you checking your email more frequently now that you might be notified at any moment?

• Yes, I am checking my email more frequently than usual.
    • No, I haven't made any change of habits.

Ok, my hands are up - I'm checking email (or at least looking at email notifications on my phone) more urgently.

Worse though, unfortunately, is that the tech alpha window pushed me over the edge to build a new PC (RTX 2080Ti, i9 9900K, 4TB of M.2 SSD etc etc) and I FORGOT TO UPDATE my dxdiag data on the tech alpha sign up. I'm hoping that doesn't come back to bite me in the butt (

12 minutes ago, b737800 said:

Ok, my hands are up - I'm checking email (or at least looking at email notifications on my phone) more urgently.

Worse though, unfortunately, is that the tech alpha window pushed me over the edge to build a new PC (RTX 2080Ti, i9 9900K, 4TB of M.2 SSD etc etc) and I FORGOT TO UPDATE my dxdiag data on the tech alpha sign up. I'm hoping that doesn't come back to bite me in the butt (

If you go to your profile you can still update your DxDiag file with a new one. You should do this as soon as possible.

1 minute ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

If you go to your profile you can still update your DxDiag file with a new one. You should do this as soon as possible.

Unfortunately not. The update link from the profile just takes you to the "Tech Alpha 1 registration has ended" page 😞

1 minute ago, b737800 said:

Unfortunately not. The update link from the profile just takes you to the "Tech Alpha 1 registration has ended" page 😞

Just attempted to click that and indeed, that's unfortunate. There will be a new recruiting process in late November, if the old DxDiag reduces your chances of getting selected, you will probably be able to update it then.

2 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Just attempted to click that and indeed, that's unfortunate. There will be a new recruiting process in late November, if the old DxDiag reduces your chances of getting selected, you will probably be able to update it then.

Here's hoping. The old dxdiag would have shown dual TitanX in SLi mode. Great in its day, but a little dated now. Thanks for the replies.

5 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I don't think it will be a new recruiting process late november. What you are reffering to is like what they said for September 12th, and the actual recruitment began more than a month later.

Edited by Noooch

14 minutes ago, Noooch said:

I don't think it will be a new recruiting process late november. What you are reffering to is like what they said for September 12th, and the actual recruitment began more than a month later.

Recruitment for the first Tech Alpha did start on 12 September though, right? The deliverable for that date was called "Build Program - Tech Alpha External Recruitment", which is when the survey opened up. And for late November it says "Tech Alpha #2 Recruiting" which suggests they will open up a new recruitment phase, perhaps with a new survey that everyone will have to complete again (and of course anyone that didn't manage to sign up for the first one). Or am I missing something?

38 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Recruitment for the first Tech Alpha did start on 12 September though, right? The deliverable for that date was called "Build Program - Tech Alpha External Recruitment", which is when the survey opened up. And for late November it says "Tech Alpha #2 Recruiting" which suggests they will open up a new recruitment phase, perhaps with a new survey that everyone will have to complete again (and of course anyone that didn't manage to sign up for the first one). Or am I missing something?

This is what the insider area states: "We are currently targeting mid/end November for our second build release (Tech Alpha 2). We expect to open recruitment for Tech Alpha 2 closer to the end of October but expect a final date in our 10.17 update."

So you'll probably get your chance to sign up at the end of the month or early next month 🙂 

I think they also said that everyone who signs up will get to test at some point. If not Alpha 1 or 2, maybe 3, or any of the Betas.

Edited by Tuskin38

14 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I think they also said that everyone who signs up will get to test at some point. If not Alpha 1 or 2, maybe 3, or any of the Betas.

During the load test of the servers 1 week before launch 😉 

My mother knows something is up. I usually reply to her barrage of emails once a week or so. Now I'm replying almost instantly.

I just noticed, the sign up page says that if you entered for Tech Alpha 1, but didn't get accepted, you will be automatically entered into the chance to test Alpha 2. 

So if you didn't get accepted for 1, you don't need to worry about signing up for alpha 2.

Edited by Tuskin38