Sign in to follow this  
frankla

P-12C Blog Galore.

>WOW where did all this come from :-lol It's called sitting at home with time on my hands. :) Usually if I have time for one post, I have time for others as well.

Guest bigun

Great blog. Really enjoyed your writings about the "slider" debate.Very well stated. To me that has always been one of the BIG reasons I update to the newest version of FS the day it comes out (and I too have been a fanatic since the SubLogic days). With FS I can be guaranteed a big increase in detail and performance of the previous version from day one. Then, as I upgrade my hardware, I can "ease" the sliders to the right a little and get a brand new simulator experience.Thanks for all the hard work that has given me thousands of hours of enjoyment over the years.

I couldn't figure out how to comment on your blog, so I'll make a couple of comments here.Your comment "think about the SAN you'll need for the Terrabytes of information with cm scenery" got me to wondering what wonderful new compression algorithms are in our future because we'll soon be dealing with Terrabytes of information on a regular basis, whether we like it or not. I'm wondering, without knowing a whole lot about it, about how people might apply chaos or fractal mechanics to compression and representation.Second, please don't take the content out of your comments. That would be quite sad, especially due to that it sounds like you are taking the comments of a few personally. As always, those who agree or are just interested in listening to what others have to say aren't normally going to be the ones to make comments. It is those who have a, I would call it, pathological need to control who are going to be the ones who make vociferous negative comments without taking the whole picture into account, on account of their buildup of anxiety over not having control over the situation and needing to release that anxiety. I also believe that allowing other points of view to be discussed is the only way a healthy discussion will develop. If you don't speak what you believe to be the truth, and therefore don't get to listen to and take the comments of others with a few grains of salt, you won't be getting an honest picture of the marketplace as a whole and eventually your product will lose touch with reality.Just my thoughts. Thanks for all the support. FSX looks like it will be a truly revolutionary product to me.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

>Great blog. Really enjoyed your writings about the "slider">debate.>Very well stated. >To me that has always been one of the BIG reasons I update to>the newest version of FS the day it comes out (and I too have>been a fanatic since the SubLogic days). With FS I can be>guaranteed a big increase in detail and performance of the>previous version from day one. Then, as I upgrade my hardware,>I can "ease" the sliders to the right a little and get a brand>new simulator experience.>>Thanks for all the hard work that has given me thousands of>hours of enjoyment over the years.Thanks, but I must say that was an excerpt from someone elses post on Avsim... Great post though!

>Great blog. Really enjoyed your writings about the "slider">debate.>Very well stated. Yeah, those were greggerm's words. You can search for greggerms original post if you want.RhettAMD 3700+, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I got quoted?!(/runs to the blog to read it...) Wow. The whole post is there. :) (cool!)Thomas, just so you know, that SAN comment (and that long winded rant that it's part of) was actually a post of mine from an earlier AVSIM thread. :) PC-12 simply reposted it on his blog.Cheers!-Greg

My concern regarding waiting for higher end systems to take advantage of higher end features of FSX is that there are no higher end systems on the horizon. The high end systems that are on the road map for both AMD and Intel are Quad cores. I doubt that Quad Core processors will do anything for FSX!