Sign in to follow this  
regis9

[Answered] Question on Setup

Tks Simbol re the lights enlightening.

Yesterday when I went to preview settins I was about 300 feet in the air, today, after the recent update ( is this the reason?) I am finding myself behind a helicopter on ground. Is this intended. What do I need to do to have always the 300 feet in the air view?

Andreas

7 minutes ago, Andreasmb said:

Ah found it, under views I can change it. Sorry for inconveniance.

Yes sometimes certain cameras add-on's will reset your view inside the vehicle. Ezdok for example does this. I try to catch this event and move you back to the main observer, but under certain circumstances it doesn't occur as the 3rd party camera add-on re-issue the command and to avoid a fight after the second time I leave it alone as it could mean, you want to actually fly the helicopter to inspect the airplanes around this way.

Also, when you are on the overview mode, you can also press the "A" Key and the cameras will cycle to put you close to the AI models around.

S.

Sorry, me again.

another question as to possible setup problem.

When I am in expert mode in the program, both, AI Lights and P3d opened as Administrator then I can see the aircraft in various situations in the simulator. that works. But when I want to change the aircraft I undrestand that when I hit within the right side  window a particular airplane then such airplane will show in the p3d window. But that does not work. Or is this not supposed to work?

11 minutes ago, Andreasmb said:

Sorry, me again.

another question as to possible setup problem.

When I am in expert mode in the program, both, AI Lights and P3d opened as Administrator then I can see the aircraft in various situations in the simulator. that works. But when I want to change the aircraft I undrestand that when I hit within the right side  window a particular airplane then such airplane will show in the p3d window. But that does not work. Or is this not supposed to work?

Check this:

1. Select the airplane.
  2. Click "Preview". all 17 injected models should be your selection. Same thing should happen if you move the sliders "After you selected" the AI Model from the list on the right.

S.

11 hours ago, regis9 said:

Thanks Simbol, looks like my issue is that I edit my aircraft.cfg and change ATC type to SILENT so I don't have to hear default ATC refer to aircraft by more than their type.  I changed that and the 737 works.  With the A320 I saw one that had no strobes at the rear and one working perfectly, so I need to do some more testing on my system but things are looking good, I'll report back.

Why would you have changed the ATC type for Boeings? They are all referred to correctly by ATC without changing anything. The only ones that are defined as "SILENT" on my PC are Embraers and Fokkers.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

For brevity and (i think) realism when ATC is giving me traffic calls.

IE rather than having to listen to “traffic is three o’clock, 4 miles, Boeing 737, report them in sight” I have atc just calling them a 737...saying boeing seems redundant (what other 737 is there?) and from what I’ve heard on live atc they don’t normally include the manufacturer.

It’s a Minor thing though, I’ll change them back so this programs picks up the aircraft properly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hello, I'm back at this now and am still having an issue getting things set up properly.  Here's what I've done since my last post:

- Ensured all FAIB aircraft are using the NWF models

- Ensured that atc_type= is properly populated with Boeing, AIrbus etc rather than silent

- Configured my lighting groups as per the stickied thread at the top of the forum.

- Deleted all shaders

Did an observation session today and saw that:

- 737's had no lights at all

- 737MAX worked fine, using the Boeing LED settings.

- Embraers have landing lights but no strobes, nav or beacon

- A319 had single flashing strobes rather than double

- A320 worked fine, though the light reflection on the aircraft was excessive and I'll need to turn that down.

Upon looking at the 737-800 aircraft.cfg I noted that the lighting section is now completely empty.  This looks to be common across the entire 737 fleet, -600 -700 -800 etc.

Here is the lighting sections for the A319:

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0=3, -13.5, -55.151, 2.852, fx_fsreborn_navred2621
light.1=3, -13.5, 55.151, 2.852, fx_fsreborn_navgre2621
light.2=2, 0, 0, 0, fx_fsreborn_stab2621
//If you have Shockwave lights you can enable them by removing the "//" from the beginings of the next lines
//light.8 = 5, 0.09, -7.01, -3.778, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow // shockwave landing light
//light.9 = 5, 0.09, 7.01, -3.778, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow // shockwave landing light
//light.10 = 5, 32.462, -0.71, -5.463, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow // shockwave landing light
//light.11 = 6, 32.462, 0.706, -5.463, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow // shockwave taxi light

and the A320:

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0=2, 0, 0, 0, fx_fsreborn_stab2627
light.1=3, -13.5, -55.151, 2.852, fx_fsreborn_navred2627
light.2=3, -13.5, 55.151, 2.852, fx_fsreborn_navgre2627
light.3=1, 5.998, 0, -5.835, fx_fsreborn_beacon2627
light.4=1, 3.718, 0, 8.5, fx_fsreborn_beacon2627
light.5=3, -69.63, 0, 4.645, fx_fsreborn_navwhi2627
//If you have Shockwave lights you can enable them by removing the "//" from the beginings of the next lines
//light.8 = 5, 0.09, -7.01, -3.778, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow // shockwave landing light
//light.9 = 5, 0.09, 7.01, -3.778, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow // shockwave landing light
//light.10 = 5, 37.319, -0.71, -5.463, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow // shockwave landing light
//light.11 = 6, 37.319, 0.706, -5.463, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow // shockwave taxi light

EDIT: I check the E175 in question as well and the lights section was empty.

I do use ENVTEX and PTA shaders if perhaps that's causing an issue, however some lights do seem to work fine.

Thanks for any help getting this working...sorry I seem to be having such a hard time compared to everyone else!

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I've done some more work on this:

- Replaced the [lights] section for all FAIB aircraft with the [lights] section from fresh base models and ensured all commented out sections that needed to be enabled with the NWF versions were enabled.  I noted that many of the FAIB aircraft had nothing left in the lights section other than lines that had been commented out.

- Reviewed other AI aircraft and unfortunately (very unfortunately), most of my AI aircraft, even those I have not modified in anyway, have no lights section anymore.  The header [lights] is still there, but there is nothing below it.  I'm now faced with trying to download basepacks and replace the lights section in nearly my entire AI collection, ugh.

- After doing the above review I replaced the lights section in my RAI E-jets and CRJ's and my AIA E190 using the basepacks..

- After doing some viewing at CYYZ, much of what I replaced is working now with a few exceptions:

- I can't see beacons on several aircraft, the ones I noticed were FAIB A319, FAIB 767-300, RAI E-jets & CRJ's and AIA E-jets

- My E-jets have double flashing strobes, possibly default strobes?

I'm not sure what else I can do here to get this up and running, or what I'm doing wrong but I'm running out of steam to get it working, particularly now that I have to spend a pile of time finding base packs and replacing light sections in dozens of AI aircraft.

Edited by regis9

Dave

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

I've done some more work on this:

- Replaced the [lights] section for all FAIB aircraft with the [lights] section from fresh base models and ensured all commented out sections that needed to be enabled with the NWF versions were enabled.  I noted that many of the FAIB aircraft had nothing left in the lights section other than lines that had been commented out.

- Reviewed other AI aircraft and unfortunately (very unfortunately), most of my AI aircraft, even those I have not modified in anyway, have no lights section anymore.  The header [lights] is still there, but there is nothing below it.  I'm now faced with trying to download basepacks and replace the lights section in nearly my entire AI collection, ugh.

- After doing the above review I replaced the lights section in my RAI E-jets and CRJ's and my AIA E190 using the basepacks..

- After doing some viewing at CYYZ, much of what I replaced is working now with a few exceptions:

- I can't see beacons on several aircraft, the ones I noticed were FAIB A319, FAIB 767-300, RAI E-jets & CRJ's and AIA E-jets

- My E-jets have double flashing strobes, possibly default strobes?

I'm not sure what else I can do here to get this up and running, or what I'm doing wrong but I'm running out of steam to get it working, particularly now that I have to spend a pile of time finding base packs and replacing light sections in dozens of AI aircraft.

My case too with strobes all over the place, unfortunately nothing worked for me (followed Simbol's support reducing ai percentage didn't work), I'm in normal mode (no 2x nor 4x). The strobes initially work as per aircraft manufacturer, then in a few minutes, the strobes go crazy blinking like they want, not respecting the real strobe light blink as per AC manufacturer.

Sergio Naiberg