Sign in to follow this  
Deleted

Difficult to make new aircrafts

3 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

We have seen the spin video, which isn't exactly promising.

Weird, a friend of mine who is an aerospace engineer thought that video looked pretty good.

Brandon Filer

Weird indeed since I've never seen an aircraft spin, or spun an aircraft myself, in an aerodynamically impossible attitude like in the video.

That's the kind of unrealistic spin attitude you see in many FSX/P3D add-ons.

Edited by FDEdev

7 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Weird indeed since I've never seen an aircraft spin, or spun an aircraft myself, in an aerodynamically impossible attitude like in the video.

That's the kind of unrealistic spin attitude you see in many FSX/P3D add-ons.

Care to point out the differences in attitude during the spin here? Genuinely curious because they look pretty similar to me (comparing to the insider video). Different aircraft will spin differently too of course.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

The passenger in the FS video didn't call out "**** me".

Edited by b737800

2 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

Care to point out the differences in attitude during the spin here? 

Sure. Btw, that's a very good video since it's one of the few videos where you can see the horizon

Notice that the roll attitude is almost level, just a few degrees 'in spin' bank angle due to the outboard, faster rotating wing (just a basic description). 

In the MSFS video the stable spin attitude has the 172 banking 40° to the outside of the spin, which is simply impossible in a conventional stable spin.

https://files.fm/u/s4j4cqx5#/view/msfs_spin_att.jpg

Edited by FDEdev

10 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Sure. Btw, that's a very good video since it's one of the few videos where you can see the horizon

Notice that the roll attitude is almost level, just a few degrees 'in spin' bank angle due to the outboard, faster rotating wing (just a basic description). 

In the MSFS video the stable spin attitude has the 172 banking 40° to the outside of the spin, which is simply impossible in a conventional stable spin.

edit: just trying to get the uploaded jpg to show, working on it.

Same video at approx 17 seconds mark:

c260795dc21a0c63be609d1465249932.jpg

45 degrees. I'm also confused.

4 minutes ago, b737800 said:

Same video at approx 17 seconds mark:  45 degrees. I'm also confused.

Erm, that's the opposite, correct, in or pro spin bank angle.

Edited by FDEdev

21 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Erm, that's the opposite, correct, in or pro spin bank angle.

I think it's time for me to restart my flying lessons.

No need to. Just look at the screenshot in the link I've posted.

3 hours ago, FDEdev said:

https://files.fm/u/s4j4cqx5#/view/msfs_spin_att.jpg

Ah, I see it now. If the bank was corrected it wouldn't be too bad at all then. Hopefully it's just 'alpha things' what we're seeing right now.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Quoting myself from the PMDG forums:

To us developers in the know, it is an endless source of comedy to watch the Betians at war with Tabletians, while the Fluidians try to win disciples from both to their more complex theories..

Edited by JB3DG
  • Like 1

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion