Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

FSX Shared Cockpit

Does anyone know if the shared cockpit option (or shared skies I guess) will work ONLY with default aircraft? Or will it work if two people have the identical aircraft and panel payware or freeware? Thanks in advance. Craig

Guest JuiceRabbit

Not sure, but I believe it only works on FSX multiplayer, and so its not available for VatSim, IVAO. :(

I'm interested in an answer should someone reply with specific knowledge. This is a feature of FSX that I'm interested in because flying with someone is more fun. I can understand why a DSL high speed connection would be good and both players having the same airplane but what if one player has a faster computer with a more studder free display than the other player?"NOooo #### it, I said CHEER-up NOT GEAR-up....."

Guest DanWalloch

>Not sure, but I believe it only works on FSX multiplayer, and>so its not available for VatSim, IVAO. :(Vatsim and IVAO is a thing of the past now. You guys will be amazed by Shared Cockpit and the Controller interface. As for the other question, shared cockpit will work as long as all the parties flying the airplane have it on their pc.

Dan:"Vatsim and IVAO is a thing of the past now" That's a fairly sweeping statement, and assumes much of FSX that none of us know for sure. I'm sure the FSX multiplayer will simplify on-line flying for all of us, and I really look forward to the "shared skies" concept of being able to fly with a friend as a crew, but the one thing VATSIM has going for it is it's organized network, developed over years of work and effort. Though I only occassionally fly on VATSIM, one thing you can be sure of is that when you want to make the effort, the controllers are usually there.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

>Vatsim and IVAO is a thing of the past now.I should think that with the current limit of only 16 players......there's still a place for Vatsim, IVAO, and FSHost type multiplayer... ;)